    open. The majority of the crashing seems to occur when im on Myspace.
    Anybody else have this problem?...

    , May 6, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > I dont know why but for the past week or so my FF has been crashing
    > for no apparent reason. Mainly i've been on Myspace and Imeem, but my
    > internet habits havent changed so I really dont get why FF crashes.
    > And i mean, it crashes just from me signing into Myspace or
    > something. Crashes at least 8 times a day... I usually have 2-4 tabs
    > open. The majority of the crashing seems to occur when im on Myspace.
    > Anybody else have this problem?...

    close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF in safe mode. That means that all your
    extensions will be disabled. Now test out FF. Does it crash?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 6, 2008

  3. Guest

    On May 5, 9:35 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I dont know why but for the past week or so my FF has been crashing
    > > for no apparent reason. Mainly i've been on Myspace and Imeem, but my
    > > internet habits havent changed so I really dont get why FF crashes.
    > > And i mean, it crashes just from me signing into Myspace or
    > > something. Crashes at least 8 times a day... I usually have 2-4 tabs
    > > open. The majority of the crashing seems to occur when im on Myspace.
    > > Anybody else have this problem?...

    > close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    > and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > this will start FF in safe mode. That means that all your
    > extensions will be disabled. Now test out FF. Does it crash?
    >
    > --
    > *IMPORTANT*: Sorry folks, but I cannot provide email help!!!!
    >
    > Warning: Private emails sent to me may become public
    >
    > Peter Potamus & His Magic Flying Balloon:http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    so far so good. ive been surfin and it hasnt crashed yet.. how do i
    run firefox in full mode again?

    , May 6, 2008
  4. wrote:
    > On May 5, 9:35 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I dont know why but for the past week or so my FF has been crashing
    >>> for no apparent reason. Mainly i've been on Myspace and Imeem, but my
    >>> internet habits havent changed so I really dont get why FF crashes.
    >>> And i mean, it crashes just from me signing into Myspace or
    >>> something. Crashes at least 8 times a day... I usually have 2-4 tabs
    >>> open. The majority of the crashing seems to occur when im on Myspace.
    >>> Anybody else have this problem?...

    >> close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    >> and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>
    >> this will start FF in safe mode. That means that all your
    >> extensions will be disabled. Now test out FF. Does it crash?

    > so far so good. ive been surfin and it hasnt crashed yet.. how do i
    > run firefox in full mode again?

    when you run in safe mode, you disable the extensions;
    therefore, open the add-ons manager [under Tools], and half
    of your extensions. Close FF, and restart it. Now test it
    out again. Does it crash? If not, then you know the problem
    is with the other extensions. If it still crashes, then you
    widdle down the disabled ones until you find the problem
    extensions.

    By the way, what extensions do you have?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 6, 2008
  5. Lukan Guest

    > so far so good. ive been surfin and it hasnt crashed yet.. how do i
    > run firefox in full mode again?

    Uh, you don't.

    At least not yet. What you've done by running FF in safe mode (without
    whatever extensions you've installed) is that the extensions are most
    likely causing your crashes.

    Lukan, May 6, 2008
  6. Guest

    On May 5, 11:07 pm, Lukan <> wrote:
    > > so far so good. ive been surfin and it hasnt crashed yet.. how do i
    > > run firefox in full mode again?

    > Uh, you don't.
    >
    > At least not yet. What you've done by running FF in safe mode (without
    > whatever extensions you've installed) is that the extensions are most
    > likely causing your crashes.

    oh yes i do :p
    hmm, i have Adblock, IEtab, realplayer browser record plugin, tabmix
    plus, and yahoo toolbar, and others that i just uninstalled. we'll see
    if this solves the problem, if not ill run in safe mode i guess...
    thanks for the advice everyone.

    , May 7, 2008
  7. wrote:
    > On May 5, 11:07 pm, Lukan <> wrote:
    >>> so far so good. ive been surfin and it hasnt crashed yet.. how do i
    >>> run firefox in full mode again?

    >> Uh, you don't.
    >>
    >> At least not yet. What you've done by running FF in safe mode (without
    >> whatever extensions you've installed) is that the extensions are most
    >> likely causing your crashes.

    > oh yes i do :p
    > hmm, i have Adblock, IEtab, realplayer browser record plugin, tabmix
    > plus, and yahoo toolbar, and others that i just uninstalled. we'll see
    > if this solves the problem, if not ill run in safe mode i guess...
    > thanks for the advice everyone.

    running in safe mode will leave you wide open for unknown
    bad internet things. As I said previously, disable the
    extensions, then add them in one at a time until you find
    the problem one. I would suspect either yahoo or adblock,
    then tab mix plus in that order. But my hunch would be yahoo.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 7, 2008