  1. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    Just got the update this morning.
    History Fan, Dec 20, 2006

  2. History Fan

    norm Guest

    Re: Firefox 1.5.0.9 released

    as heading.
    norm, Dec 20, 2006

  3. History Fan

    TheCroW Guest

    > Just got the update this morning.

    ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
    Sure about this 2.0.0.1??

    Menno
    TheCroW, Dec 20, 2006
  4. History Fan

    bgregg Guest

    TheCroW wrote:
    >> Just got the update this morning.

    > ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
    > Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >
    > Menno

    I believe Thunderbird was updated to 1.5.0.9.

    bgregg
    bgregg, Dec 20, 2006
  5. History Fan

    SteveG Guest

    TheCroW wrote:
    >> Just got the update this morning.

    > ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
    > Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >
    > Menno

    There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
    2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a
    while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2. If
    you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla web
    site and download the installer from there.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G
    SteveG, Dec 20, 2006
  6. "History Fan" <> wrote in news:6b7e8
    $45893101$48311160$:

    > Just got the update this morning.

    No mention of the password file exposure
    Vegetable Lasagne, Dec 21, 2006
  7. bgregg wrote:
    > TheCroW wrote:
    >>> Just got the update this morning.

    >> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to
    >> 1.5.0.9?? Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >>
    >> Menno
    >>

    > I believe Thunderbird was updated to 1.5.0.9.
    >
    > bgregg

    Not for me.. I'm running 2.0b1, so no updates.. *sniff*.. ;)

    Wish I could get Minefield to install. Every time I install the trunk
    and try and run it, it shuts down before any page loads. Oh well.. Never
    run Alpha's except for fun.. :)
    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 21, 2006
  8. SteveG wrote:
    > TheCroW wrote:
    >>> Just got the update this morning.

    >> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to
    >> 1.5.0.9?? Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >>
    >> Menno
    >>

    > There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
    > 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a
    > while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2. If
    > you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla web
    > site and download the installer from there.

    The third is already in the works. 2.? is currently the most recent
    public release. Upgrading from 1.5 to 2 is not required till they bury
    it as archived.

    2 is alot better IMO and has had several fixed making it well worth while.

    The 3.0 branch dubbed Minefield (2.0 was Deerpark) is currently in Alpha
    and hidden well inside their FTPs. Considering how ungodly buggy it is,
    I wouldn't recommend it until they hit Beta. ;)

    At any rate.. Yes, 2.0 is out and well into public release.
    http://www.getfirefox.com
    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 21, 2006
  9. Scott Hildenbrand wrote:

    > SteveG wrote:
    >>>
    >>> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to
    >>> 1.5.0.9?? Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >>>
    >>> Menno
    >>>

    >> There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
    >> 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a
    >> while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2.
    >> If you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla
    >> web site and download the installer from there.
    >>

    > The third is already in the works. 2.? is currently the most recent
    > public release. Upgrading from 1.5 to 2 is not required till they bury
    > it as archived.
    >
    > 2 is alot better IMO and has had several fixed making it well worth while.
    >
    > The 3.0 branch dubbed Minefield (2.0 was Deerpark) is currently in Alpha
    > and hidden well inside their FTPs. Considering how ungodly buggy it is,
    > I wouldn't recommend it until they hit Beta. ;)
    >
    > At any rate.. Yes, 2.0 is out and well into public release.
    > http://www.getfirefox.com

    3.0 just hit Alpha as GranParadiso:

    http://www.mozillazine.org/

    It works, though the suggestion to wait for beta is probably a good one.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 21, 2006
  10. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    >
    >> SteveG wrote:

    >>> There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5
    >>> and 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for
    >>> a while longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version
    >>> 2. If you have 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the
    >>> Mozilla web site and download the installer from there.
    >>>

    >> The third is already in the works. 2.? is currently the most recent
    >> public release. Upgrading from 1.5 to 2 is not required till they bury
    >> it as archived.
    >>
    >> 2 is alot better IMO and has had several fixed making it well worth
    >> while.
    >>
    >> The 3.0 branch dubbed Minefield (2.0 was Deerpark) is currently in
    >> Alpha and hidden well inside their FTPs. Considering how ungodly buggy
    >> it is, I wouldn't recommend it until they hit Beta. ;)
    >>
    >> At any rate.. Yes, 2.0 is out and well into public release.
    >> http://www.getfirefox.com

    > 3.0 just hit Alpha as GranParadiso:
    >
    > http://www.mozillazine.org/
    >
    > It works, though the suggestion to wait for beta is probably a good one.
    >
    > Lee

    Cool... I had seen something about that.. I wonder why the name went to
    that.. Guess the first was a pet name? No clue..

    Going to DL and see what it's like... haha.. I've got enough dev comps
    around I can spare screwing one up.. ;)
    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 21, 2006
  11. History Fan

    TheCroW Guest

    >>> Just got the update this morning.
    >>
    >> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
    >> Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >>
    >> Menno

    > There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
    > 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a while
    > longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2. If you have
    > 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla web site and
    > download the installer from there.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Steve G

    Mmmm, okay? Bit weird though that the Update message says absolutly nothing
    that there is version 2 now of FF? Just discovered it by accident in the
    newsgroup now. Bet that there are MANY people who don't know about version 2
    because their FF doesn't mention it at all?

    Menno
    TheCroW, Dec 21, 2006
  12. History Fan

    SteveG Guest

    TheCroW wrote:
    >>> ??? I just got an auto update mentioning going from 1.5.0.8 to 1.5.0.9??
    >>> Sure about this 2.0.0.1??
    >>>
    >>> Menno

    >> There are currently two separate branches to the Firefox tree. 1.5 and
    >> 2.0. The 1.5 branch will continue to receive security updates for a while
    >> longer but you will have to (eventually) migrate to version 2. If you have
    >> 1.5 and want to progress to 2.0 now then visit the Mozilla web site and
    >> download the installer from there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Steve G

    > Mmmm, okay? Bit weird though that the Update message says absolutly nothing
    > that there is version 2 now of FF? Just discovered it by accident in the
    > newsgroup now. Bet that there are MANY people who don't know about version 2
    > because their FF doesn't mention it at all?
    >
    > Menno

    Version 2 has been around for a few months, I guess. It was widely
    covered here and on other newsgroups at the time of its release and
    there are loads of threads relating to it. You are right though, there
    will be lots of users out there blissfully unaware that v2 exists.

    I believe the plan is that when they release the final 1.5.x version it
    will give you the option of upgrading to v2 (at whatever release version
    is current)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G