Firefox 1RC1

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by *****, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. *****

    ***** Guest

    *****, Oct 26, 2004

  2. *****

    -=rjh=- Guest

    ***** wrote:
    > I've noticed amongst the nightlies, that they have recently been updated to
    > Release Candidate 1 designation...
    >
    > ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...-07-0.9/firefox-1.0.en-US.win32.installer.exe

    Thanks for mentioning that, just over the past couple of days FF 1.0PR
    stopped working properly for me (wouldn't open new tabs, etc) and I
    hadn't been able to fix it; but on the off chance I tried that download
    and that fixed it.

    I even had to go back to Mozilla, I hadn't realised just how different
    it is from Firefox (+ extensions, of course), it was horrible.

    -=rjh=-, Oct 26, 2004

  3. *****

    Steve Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > ***** wrote:
    >
    >> I've noticed amongst the nightlies, that they have recently been
    >> updated to
    >> Release Candidate 1 designation...
    >>
    >> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...-07-0.9/firefox-1.0.en-US.win32.installer.exe
    >>

    > Thanks for mentioning that, just over the past couple of days FF 1.0PR
    > stopped working properly for me (wouldn't open new tabs, etc) and I
    > hadn't been able to fix it; but on the off chance I tried that download
    > and that fixed it.
    >
    > I even had to go back to Mozilla, I hadn't realised just how different
    > it is from Firefox (+ extensions, of course), it was horrible.

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups

    .... have you ever thought of looking for spyware/viruses. Programs don't
    stop working for no reason, you know.

    Steve
    Steve, Oct 26, 2004
  4. It seems like Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:56:15 +1300 was when Steve
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >... have you ever thought of looking for spyware/viruses. Programs don't
    >stop working for no reason, you know.

    That's true, though corrupt files from incorrect shutdown of programs
    or the computer may not help the cause either.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec
    Waylon Kenning, Oct 26, 2004
  5. *****

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Steve wrote:

    > .... have you ever thought of looking for spyware/viruses. Programs
    > don't stop working for no reason, you know.
    >
    > Steve

    Actually, they do. At least, they stop working for reasons outside of
    the user's control. That's why we have beta and pre-release software.

    For example, I have to shut Thunderbird down after it has been open for
    a couple of weeks, it loses its place in newsgroups, can't download
    waiting mail on the mail server, and generally goes a bit strange. But
    it is only at 0.8 so I live with it.

    And yes, I did check for spyware and viruses.

    cheers

    -=rjh=-, Oct 27, 2004
  6. -=rjh=- wrote:
    >> .... have you ever thought of looking for spyware/viruses. Programs
    >> don't stop working for no reason, you know.

    > For example, I have to shut Thunderbird down after it has been open for
    > a couple of weeks, it loses its place in newsgroups, can't download
    > waiting mail on the mail server, and generally goes a bit strange. But
    > it is only at 0.8 so I live with it.

    I have the same problem with Moz suite(1.7.x? check my headers :).

    After about 2 weeks it suddenly(over a day) shoots up in memory it is
    using, ffrom ~40 to ~280-350 which tends to bring my machine to a crawl.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 27, 2004
  7. *****

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:04:42 +1300, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > For example, I have to shut Thunderbird down after it has been open for
    > a couple of weeks, it loses its place in newsgroups, can't download
    > waiting mail on the mail server, and generally goes a bit strange. But
    > it is only at 0.8 so I live with it.

    Not good enuff, tell them. There is no point in having beta software if no
    one informs the team of the problem as one sees it.
    Gordon, Oct 28, 2004