    GraB Guest

    Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    GraB, Nov 10, 2004

  2. GraB

    TomV Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    I had the same problem. Just reinstall them manually

    ....tom

    TomV, Nov 10, 2004

  3. GraB

    bambam Guest

    bambam, Nov 10, 2004
  4. GraB said the following on 11/11/2004 02:25:
    > Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    > work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    Installed last night, great all my extensions work. Uninstall extensions
    before upgrading, re-install after. It also pays to keep your source for
    the extensions upto date.
    Adblock, Tabbrowser, Google Bar are all available for release 1.0

    --
    >>Followups may be set to a single group when appropiate!

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 10, 2004
  5. GraB

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    Has anyone managed to get Adobe to work in Firefox? I avoid PDFs like
    the plague, but once in a while there is no alternative. I just get a
    blank page when I try to view a PDF.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Enkidu said the following on 11/11/2004 22:50:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >

    >>Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >>work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    > Has anyone managed to get Adobe to work in Firefox? I avoid PDFs like
    > the plague, but once in a while there is no alternative. I just get a
    > blank page when I try to view a PDF.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Umm yes but i never did anything special, so long as you have acrobat
    reader installed and .pdf registered to use it there shuld be no issue

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 11, 2004
  7. GraB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >

    >>Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >>work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    > Has anyone managed to get Adobe to work in Firefox? I avoid PDFs like
    > the plague, but once in a while there is no alternative. I just get a
    > blank page when I try to view a PDF.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    I did read an issue about that, but done have a url, sorry, but IIRC it
    was in the release notes. Basically they advised to use the most
    uptodate version of the reader.

    I have tried with reader version 6.0 and it displays but it resizes the
    window. I think this might have something to do with the fact that I
    have 2 monitors because the splash screen (when starting up Adobe`
    normally) is never centered but with other programs this doesn't appear
    to happen. It could just be that I need to change the settings in the
    file association to open in a full size window.

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 11, 2004
  8. GraB

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:58:29 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote:

    >Enkidu said the following on 11/11/2004 22:50:
    >> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >>>work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    >> Has anyone managed to get Adobe to work in Firefox? I avoid PDFs like
    >> the plague, but once in a while there is no alternative. I just get a
    >> blank page when I try to view a PDF.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Cliff

    >Umm yes but i never did anything special, so long as you have acrobat
    >reader installed and .pdf registered to use it there shuld be no issue

    I have Acrobat Reader installed. Should have said, really.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 11, 2004
  9. GraB

    Guest

    Re: Firefox 1. Jumped too soon

    I find that Acrobat takes a bloody age to load in Firefox, so I have
    the "View this page in IE" extension installed, and use that on any
    pdfs I find. It's a bit fiddly but at least it doesn't lock up ff while

    Vipul

    wrote:

    won't

    > >> Has anyone managed to get Adobe to work in Firefox? I avoid PDFs

    like
    > >> the plague, but once in a while there is no alternative. I just

    get a
    > >> blank page when I try to view a PDF.
    > >>
    > >> Cheers,
    > >>
    > >> Cliff

    > >Umm yes but i never did anything special, so long as you have

    acrobat
    > >reader installed and .pdf registered to use it there shuld be no

    issue

    > I have Acrobat Reader installed. Should have said, really.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    , Nov 11, 2004
  10. GraB

    akiwi Guest

    Re: Firefox 1. Jumped too soon

    On 11 Nov 2004 15:29:22 -0800, wrote:

    >I find that Acrobat takes a bloody age to load in Firefox, so I have
    >the "View this page in IE" extension installed, and use that on any
    >pdfs I find. It's a bit fiddly but at least it doesn't lock up ff while

    You can speed up acrobat reader load time greatly by moving all the
    plugins from the reader\plugins directory to the reader\Optional
    directory - including subdirectories in the plugins directory. If
    you have problems you might need to keep some or all of the following
    in the plugins directory - EScript.api EWH32.api Search.api
    weblink.api

    akiwi, Nov 11, 2004
  11. Re: Firefox 1. Jumped too soon

    said the following on 12/11/2004 12:29:
    > I find that Acrobat takes a bloody age to load in Firefox, so I have
    > the "View this page in IE" extension installed, and use that on any
    > pdfs I find. It's a bit fiddly but at least it doesn't lock up ff while
    >
    > Vipul
    >

    > Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:58:29 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >><> wrote:

    > won't

    > like

    > get a

    >>>Umm yes but i never did anything special, so long as you have

    > acrobat
    >
    >>>reader installed and .pdf registered to use it there shuld be no

    > issue
    >
    >>I have Acrobat Reader installed. Should have said, really.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Cliff

    I take it you have V6 or reader installed, it is a bitch and I have
    rolled back to V5 which while not fast is not as bloated and slow as 6

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 12, 2004
  12. Re: Firefox 1. Jumped too soon

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> I find that Acrobat takes a bloody age to load in Firefox, so I have
    >> the "View this page in IE" extension installed, and use that on any
    >> pdfs I find. It's a bit fiddly but at least it doesn't lock up ff while

    > I take it you have V6 or reader installed, it is a bitch and I have
    > rolled back to V5 which while not fast is not as bloated and slow as 6

    if you remove the plugins directory, it tends to go remarkably
    quicker... and I havent noticed that anything is missing from it yet.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 12, 2004
  13. GraB

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:46:05 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > I have Acrobat Reader installed. Should have said, really.

    Next thing: Which OS are you using?

    For you see, gentle people Firefox works on several platforms.

    Gordon, Nov 12, 2004
  14. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:

    >Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    All OK now. The version of tabbrowser extension was too old, but
    there was a newer version and re-installing the others worked.

    GraB, Nov 12, 2004
  15. GraB

    PC Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 02:25:37 +1300, GraB <> wrote:
    >
    >>Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1 won't
    >>work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    > Has anyone managed to get Adobe to work in Firefox? I avoid PDFs like
    > the plague, but once in a while there is no alternative. I just get a
    > blank page when I try to view a PDF.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Cliff

    I've been having similar issues with IE.
    Research suggest's an issue with Acrobat Plug Ins.
    Try cleaning out the Plugins folder in Reader.
    Speed things up for me.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 12, 2004
  16. GraB

    tatties Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:46:05 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> I have Acrobat Reader installed. Should have said, really.

    > Next thing: Which OS are you using?
    >
    > For you see, gentle people Firefox works on several platforms.

    As does Acrobat Reader

    tatties, Nov 12, 2004
  17. GraB

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:08:20 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:46:05 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> I have Acrobat Reader installed. Should have said, really.

    >Next thing: Which OS are you using?

    MVS

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    (kidding)

    Enkidu, Nov 12, 2004
  18. GraB

    Dany P. Wu Guest

    "bambam" <> wrote in message
    > GraB <> wrote in
    >> Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1
    >> won't work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    > Have a look here-
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?s=
    > 750c61469f239c304aae0b80c21158c8&showtopic=1351
    > or
    > http://shorl.com/gugadatretona

    Thanks for those links - I was a bit annoyed when the warning first popped
    up about incompatible extensions.

    Does anyone know how to install themes manually? I went to DeviantArt
    website and downloaded a theme - it was in a JAR file. How do I install
    that?

    Cheers,
    D.

    Dany P. Wu, Nov 13, 2004
  19. GraB

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:47:27 +1300, "Dany P. Wu"
    <> wrote:

    >"bambam" <> wrote in message
    >> GraB <> wrote in
    >>> Installed it but find most of the extensions that worked in PR 1
    >>> won't work and have been disabled. B*gg*r!

    >> Have a look here-
    >> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?s=
    >> 750c61469f239c304aae0b80c21158c8&showtopic=1351
    >> or
    >> http://shorl.com/gugadatretona

    >Thanks for those links - I was a bit annoyed when the warning first popped
    >up about incompatible extensions.
    >
    >Does anyone know how to install themes manually? I went to DeviantArt
    >website and downloaded a theme - it was in a JAR file. How do I install
    >that?

    A JAR file is almost certainly a zip file in disguise. I suggest you
    virus check it first as JAR files are usually associated with JAVA
    programs. Is that what themes are?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 14, 2004
  20. GraB

    Dany P. Wu Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:47:27 +1300, "Dany P. Wu"
    > <> wrote:

    >>Thanks for those links - I was a bit annoyed when the warning first

    > popped up about incompatible extensions.
    >>Does anyone know how to install themes manually? I went to DeviantArt
    >>website and downloaded a theme - it was in a JAR file. How do I install
    >>that?

    > A JAR file is almost certainly a zip file in disguise. I suggest you
    > virus check it first as JAR files are usually associated with JAVA
    > programs. Is that what themes are?
    > Cheers,
    > Cliff

    Yup, I realised it's an archive similar to zip files. I made sure the file
    is safe and checked the content. It does contain the files associated with
    the theme.

    The thing is the websites generally contain a client-side script which calls
    a browser function to install the JAR package into FireFox. I guess I can
    always make a simple HTML file with the same function..............

    D.

    Dany P. Wu, Nov 15, 2004