  1. I installed the new browser firefox 1 and nothing works, the menu bar does
    not work and the browser shows nothing, blank, Mozilla 1.73 works!!!! any
    ideas
    Colin Hammond, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Colin Hammond wrote:
    > I installed the new browser firefox 1 and nothing works, the menu bar does
    > not work and the browser shows nothing, blank, Mozilla 1.73 works!!!! any
    > ideas

    Did you have an earlier Firefox version installed?

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Yes I did but it was uninstalled ages ago

    Colin Hammond, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Colin Hammond wrote:
    > Yes I did but it was uninstalled ages ago
    > "Leonidas Jones" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Colin Hammond wrote:
    >>
    >>>I installed the new browser firefox 1 and nothing works, the menu bar
    >>>does not work and the browser shows nothing, blank, Mozilla 1.73
    >>>works!!!! any ideas

    >>Did you have an earlier Firefox version installed?
    >>
    >>Lee

    I am sure, but an unistall of an earlier version does not uninstall the
    profile. It may be that your new version has picked up an old profile,
    with incompatible extensions and/or themes.

    Try creating a new profile. Of course, the developers of Firefox, in
    their infinite wisdom, have decided that there is no need to provide a
    shortcut for Profile Manager. In order to invoke PM try Start>>Run and
    type firefox.exe-p into the field.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 11, 2004