    mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.

    People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 20, 2005

  2. news.xtra.co.nz

    Rob J Guest

    In article <WI6gf.2615$>,
    says...
    > Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    > bookmarks.
    >
    > Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    > mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    > to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >
    > People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    FF doesn't autoinstall, you always have to click OK in a dialog box.
    Rob J, Nov 20, 2005

  3. news.xtra.co.nz

    XPD Guest

    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    > Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    > bookmarks.
    >
    > Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    > mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    > to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >
    > People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    Have never ever seen any FF/Mozilla/Nutscrape auto-install itself - howd u
    manage that ? :)
    XPD, Nov 20, 2005
  4. news.xtra.co.nz

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    Not many (sane) people give MS shit for bugs in pre release versions.

    FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
    any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
    a bug report?

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Nov 21, 2005
  5. news.xtra.co.nz

    TomV Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >bookmarks.
    >
    >Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    >mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    >to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >
    >People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    The lastest install broke Flash for me. It hasn't annopyed me enough
    to piss around trying to fix it though. I just pop Explorer open the
    odd time there's flash I really want to see

    ....tom
    TomV, Nov 21, 2005
  6. news.xtra.co.nz

    Max Guest

    > Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    > bookmarks.
    >
    > Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    > mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    > to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >
    > People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    I don't like FF. On my 1GHz computer it takes forever to load compared to IE
    and opera.
    Max, Nov 21, 2005
  7. news.xtra.co.nz

    XP Guest

    wrote:

    >Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >bookmarks.
    >
    >Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    >mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    >to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >
    >People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    No its the User that is CRAP, no problems here at all..
    XP, Nov 21, 2005
  8. news.xtra.co.nz

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:34:40 +1300, "Max" <> wrote:

    >"news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >> bookmarks.
    >>
    >> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    >> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    >> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >>
    >> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.
    >>

    >I don't like FF. On my 1GHz computer it takes forever to load compared to IE
    >and opera.

    Not if you make it resident, Why do Crap users keep blaming the software when
    its there own Fault..
    XP, Nov 21, 2005
  9. "Rob J" <> wrote in message
    > In article <WI6gf.2615$>,
    > says...
    >> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >> bookmarks.
    >>
    >> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    >> mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click
    >> 'ok'
    >> to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >>
    >> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    > FF doesn't autoinstall, you always have to click OK in a dialog box.

    OK, it downloaded itself at least - and, i did click ok.

    Still it wiped out my bookmarks which is the real issue.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 21, 2005
  10. "AD." <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >
    >> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    > Not many (sane) people give MS shit for bugs in pre release versions.
    >
    > FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
    > any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
    > a bug report?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Anton

    I am not a beta tester - this downloaded itself, and said 1.5 is ready.

    When I go about to see the version, I get....

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111
    Firefox/1.5

    Looks like 1.5 to me.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 21, 2005
  11. "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >>bookmarks.
    >>
    >>Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the book
    >>mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed to click 'ok'
    >>to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing happens.
    >>
    >>People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.
    >>

    > No its the User that is CRAP, no problems here at all..

    He he you have no problems? I beg to differ.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 21, 2005
  12. news.xtra.co.nz

    Dogboy Guest

    > The lastest install broke Flash for me. It hasn't annopyed me enough
    > to piss around trying to fix it though. I just pop Explorer open the
    > odd time there's flash I really want to see
    >
    > ...tom

    If your using Adblock just untick "Obj-Tags" in the adblock options and
    you should get flash back.

    --
    Dogboy
    Dogboy, Nov 21, 2005
  13. news.xtra.co.nz

    TomV Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:14:19 +1300, Dogboy <> wrote:

    >> The lastest install broke Flash for me. It hasn't annopyed me enough
    >> to piss around trying to fix it though. I just pop Explorer open the
    >> odd time there's flash I really want to see
    >>
    >> ...tom
    >>

    >If your using Adblock just untick "Obj-Tags" in the adblock options and
    >you should get flash back.

    Sweet. fixed it. Thanks

    ....tom
    TomV, Nov 21, 2005
  14. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > He he you have no problems? I beg to differ.

    I'm still trying to figure out how 1.5rc3 could possibly auto install. If
    you have auto install software set up in your Firefox then you could be in
    big trouble with diallers spyware and other nasties that infect windows
    systems. Turn it off and pay attention to what you are actually doing on
    your computer before you get some worm and start infecting everyone of you
    outlook using friends.
    David A' Rebel, Nov 21, 2005
  15. news.xtra.co.nz

    Rudy Seoa Guest

    In article <e79gf.2646$>,
    says...

    > "AD." <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > >
    > >> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    > > Not many (sane) people give MS shit for bugs in pre release versions.
    > >
    > > FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
    > > any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
    > > a bug report?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Cheers
    > > Anton

    > I am not a beta tester - this downloaded itself, and said 1.5 is ready.
    >
    > When I go about to see the version, I get....
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111
    > Firefox/1.5
    >
    > Looks like 1.5 to me.

    Nope, that's 1.5 RC3
    Rudy Seoa, Nov 21, 2005
  16. news.xtra.co.nz

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:09:24 +1300, in message
     <e79gf.2646$>, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:

    > "AD." <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
    > > any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
    > > a bug report?
    > >

    > I am not a beta tester - this downloaded itself, and said 1.5 is ready.

    Strange. Firefox 1.0.7 says "no updates available".

    Which version of Firefox were you running immediately before this?

    Ralph Fox, Nov 21, 2005
  17. news.xtra.co.nz

    Enkidu Guest

    TomV wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >> bookmarks.
    >>
    >> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the
    >> book mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed
    >> to click 'ok' to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing
    >> happens.
    >>
    >> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.
    >>

    > The lastest install broke Flash for me. It hasn't annopyed me enough
    > to piss around trying to fix it though. I just pop Explorer open the
    > odd time there's flash I really want to see

    That's good! It's a public service that is.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Nov 21, 2005
  18. news.xtra.co.nz

    Rob J Guest

    In article <e79gf.2646$>,
    says...

    > "AD." <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > >
    > >> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.

    > > Not many (sane) people give MS shit for bugs in pre release versions.
    > >
    > > FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
    > > any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
    > > a bug report?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Cheers
    > > Anton

    > I am not a beta tester - this downloaded itself, and said 1.5 is ready.
    >
    > When I go about to see the version, I get....
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111
    > Firefox/1.5
    >
    > Looks like 1.5 to me.

    It means you installed one of the release candidates and it's downloaded
    an update to itself.
    Rob J, Nov 21, 2005
  19. news.xtra.co.nz

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    -echo.invalid says...
    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:09:24 +1300, in message
    >  <e79gf.2646$>, news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >

    > > "AD." <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > FF 1.5 hasn't been released yet, and 1.5 will be the first version with
    > > > any auto updating. Being the good beta tester you are, I assume you filed
    > > > a bug report?
    > > >

    > > I am not a beta tester - this downloaded itself, and said 1.5 is ready..

    > Strange. Firefox 1.0.7 says "no updates available".
    >
    > Which version of Firefox were you running immediately before this?

    1.5RC1 is the version that downloads updates to itself, I've had two
    installed.
    Rob J, Nov 21, 2005
  20. news.xtra.co.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Enkidu wrote:
    > TomV wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:24:50 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Firefox auto- installed on my PC today, and promptly lost all of my
    >>> bookmarks.
    >>>
    >>> Also, the 'Add book mark' window does not work anymore. I add the
    >>> book mark, and a little window comes up in which you are supposed
    >>> to click 'ok' to add the book mark. I click OK, and nothing
    >>> happens.
    >>>
    >>> People may give microsoft shit, but this is pretty damn bad too.
    >>>

    >> The lastest install broke Flash for me. It hasn't annopyed me enough
    >> to piss around trying to fix it though. I just pop Explorer open the
    >> odd time there's flash I really want to see
    >>

    > That's good! It's a public service that is.

    I agree, I've been really pleased that Flash hasn't worked since I installed
    Firefox ver. 1.0.7. I saw the fix here but have on intention of using it. I
    can live without Flash, I wouldn't even consider firing up IE to view a site
    that I can't see in Firefox, Flash or no Flash.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2005