    have to completely start over? Right now, I have default favorites
    and default bookmarks.

    TIA

    cover, Dec 8, 2005

  2. cover

    Z Guest

    cover wrote:
    > For some unknown reason, my Firefox took a dump this morning (first
    > time problem), and caused me to basically, reinstall firefox. I had a
    > TON of bookmarks and favorites (I guess those are 'favorites' right
    > below my address box).
    >
    > Is there anyway to patch back in my bookmarks and favorites or do I
    > have to completely start over? Right now, I have default favorites
    > and default bookmarks.

    Do you still have the old bookmarks.html in the old profile folder?

    Or any of the bookmarks-yyyy-mm-dd.hmtl backups in the bookmarkbackups
    folder beneath the old profile folder?

    Z, Dec 8, 2005

  3. cover

    Guest

    It makes a new profile, the old one should still be there. Make a
    search for "bookmarks" and it should find it.

    , Dec 8, 2005
  4. cover

    Jan Guest

    On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:29:24 -0800, Z <> wrote:

    >Or any of the bookmarks-yyyy-mm-dd.hmtl backups in the bookmarkbackups
    >folder beneath the old profile folder?

    Do you know just how many backup copies of the bookmark file are saved
    there and where is that controlled from?

    Thanks.

    Jan, Dec 9, 2005
  5. Jan wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 23:29:24 -0800, Z <> wrote:
    >
    >> Or any of the bookmarks-yyyy-mm-dd.hmtl backups in the bookmarkbackups
    >> folder beneath the old profile folder?

    > Do you know just how many backup copies of the bookmark file are saved
    > there and where is that controlled from?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Its new in 1.5, it saves backups of bookmarks.html for five days. I
    don't know of any way to sett that differently.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2005
  6. cover

    Jan Guest

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 03:04:53 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Its new in 1.5, it saves backups of bookmarks.html for five days. I
    >don't know of any way to sett that differently.

    Thanks Lee.

    Jan, Dec 12, 2005