Firefox 1.5.. Won't remember window size ???

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by JAGNRP, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. JAGNRP

    JAGNRP Guest

    Hi,

    All of a sudden, whenever I run FF 1.5 it keeps loading half window
    size. I can drag it out to the size I want but the next time I start
    it, it's back to the wrong size. How can I make it stay the size I
    want?

    Thank you for any help.

    jag
    JAGNRP, Mar 9, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. JAGNRP

    gwtc Guest

    JAGNRP wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > All of a sudden, whenever I run FF 1.5 it keeps loading half window
    > size. I can drag it out to the size I want but the next time I start
    > it, it's back to the wrong size. How can I make it stay the size I
    > want?
    >
    > Thank you for any help.
    >
    > jag
    >
    >

    I'm presuming you're using windows. If so, the close FF, and do a
    right click on the icon you use to start FF. Then select Properties,
    and select the Shortcut tab. Down near the bottom you will see "Run",
    and click on the drop down next to it and change it to Maximize. Does
    this help?
    gwtc, Mar 9, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. JAGNRP

    JAGNRP Guest

    On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:29:06 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >JAGNRP wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> All of a sudden, whenever I run FF 1.5 it keeps loading half window
    >> size. I can drag it out to the size I want but the next time I start
    >> it, it's back to the wrong size. How can I make it stay the size I
    >> want?
    >>
    >> Thank you for any help.
    >>
    >> jag
    >>
    >>

    >I'm presuming you're using windows. If so, the close FF, and do a
    >right click on the icon you use to start FF. Then select Properties,
    >and select the Shortcut tab. Down near the bottom you will see "Run",
    >and click on the drop down next to it and change it to Maximize. Does
    >this help?


    Sorry that does NOT help me out much.....Yes I'm using Windows XP Pro.
    However....I don't want to maximize the window....If you will try this
    and see that however you leave FF window size it always starts back up
    as you had sized it from the last time it was used. That is what it
    does "Normally"...however all of a sudden that does not work any more
    for me. Does anyone know how to fix this ? I have looked all throuhout
    the about:config and cannot figure out what setting allows the default
    window size setting to be changed.

    Thanks for any help in this matter.

    J~
    JAGNRP, Mar 12, 2006
    #3
  4. JAGNRP

    Z Guest

    JAGNRP wrote:
    > Sorry that does NOT help me out much.....Yes I'm using Windows XP Pro.
    > However....I don't want to maximize the window....If you will try this
    > and see that however you leave FF window size it always starts back up
    > as you had sized it from the last time it was used. That is what it
    > does "Normally"...however all of a sudden that does not work any more
    > for me. Does anyone know how to fix this ? I have looked all throuhout
    > the about:config and cannot figure out what setting allows the default
    > window size setting to be changed.


    Try this:

    Start FF, resize the browser window as desired, then hold down the SHIFT
    key while you press the [X] to close the window.

    Restart FF.

    Is it the correct size now?
    Z, Mar 12, 2006
    #4
  5. JAGNRP

    markuswahl

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2006
    Messages:
    1


    i have the same problem all of a sudden. pressing shift X does not help me. i was so glad about firefox, but I don think i can live with this bug.
    markuswahl, Aug 18, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jim
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    974
    Moz Champion
    Jun 1, 2005
  2. JAGNRP
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,184
    thadmiller
    Mar 21, 2006
  3. Larry Raynor
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    797
    Larry Raynor
    Mar 28, 2006
  4. Dan
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    1,755
    John Thompson
    Oct 2, 2006
  5. Richard Blaine

    Firefox display window size shrinks

    Richard Blaine, Mar 11, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,216
    Blinky the Shark
    Mar 11, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page