    want?

    Thank you for any help.

    jag

    JAGNRP, Mar 8, 2006

  2. JAGNRP

    Splibbilla Guest

    JAGNRP <> in news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > All of a sudden, whenever I run FF 1.5 it keeps loading half window
    > size. I can drag it out to the size I want but the next time I start
    > it, it's back to the wrong size. How can I make it stay the size I
    > want?
    >
    > Thank you for any help.
    >
    > jag

    i wonder if after resizing, then closing, that somehow firefox isn't completely unloading. you could check task manager.

    otherwise, an indirect everday "solution" is to always start ff from a ms-windows"shortcut". but also edit the shortcut:
    rightclick the shortcut > properties, choose open window "Maximized".

    Splibbilla, Mar 20, 2006

  3. JAGNRP

    thadmiller

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I was having this exact same issue. It was irritating to the point of not wanting to use Firefox.

    But I fixed it by uninstalling Firefox, then removing the application data and reinstalling Firefox. Make sure you save your bookmarks and any other settings you want to keep, because they will be lost. The default location for your application data should be in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data - just delete the Mozilla folder (there's probably only 1 file causing the issue, but I didn't feel like spending the time to figure out which one, so this is my "quick fix").

    -Thad

    thadmiller, Mar 21, 2006