Firefox 1.5 released

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    steve, Nov 30, 2005

  2. steve

    David Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:26:39 +1300, steve wrote:

    > www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >
    > A better version of the better browser.

    DL link on that page does not work now?
    David, Nov 30, 2005

  3. steve

    David Guest

    On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:00:44 +1300, David wrote:

    > On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:26:39 +1300, steve wrote:
    >
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.

    > DL link on that page does not work now?

    OK - working again now

    David, Nov 30, 2005
  4. steve

    shannon Guest

    steve wrote:
    > www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >
    > A better version of the better browser.

    Bugger
    It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    Opera does.
    shannon, Nov 30, 2005
  5. On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:41:14 +1300, shannon <> wrote in

    > steve wrote:
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    > Bugger
    > It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    > Opera does.

    Well *BULLY* for Opera!

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... If you're feeling good, don't worry. You'll get over it.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 30, 2005
  6. "steve" <> wrote in message
    > www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >
    > A better version of the better browser.

    I can't add book marks anymore? I click add book mark, then OK, but the
    window is frozen.

    Anyone else have probs with this?
    news.xtra.co.nz, Nov 30, 2005
  7. steve

    LBruce Guest

    <> wrote:

    >www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >
    >A better version of the better browser.

    Thanks for letting me know.
    LBruce, Nov 30, 2005
  8. steve

    XP Guest

    <> wrote:

    >www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >
    >A better version of the better browser.

    It was not being flagged as a Update at all.

    I also have the Final of Netscape 8..
    XP, Nov 30, 2005
  9. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    > I can't add book marks anymore? I click add book mark, then OK, but
    > the window is frozen.
    >
    > Anyone else have probs with this?

    I don't know. I won't upgrade until my current version has the little
    'upgrade available' icon showing by the top right corner. Just checked, it
    doesn't ATM.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 1, 2005
  10. steve

    shannon Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:41:14 +1300, shannon <> wrote in
    >
    >> steve wrote:
    >>> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>>
    >>> A better version of the better browser.
    >>>

    >> Bugger
    >> It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    >> Opera does.

    > Well *BULLY* for Opera!

    Opera is the standard that Firefox should be judged against.
    IE doesn't come close, but the touch pad scrolling works.
    It doesn't work on Thunderbird either, or Openoffice.

    Its the little things that really matter.
    shannon, Dec 1, 2005
  11. steve

    shannon Guest

    news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    > I can't add book marks anymore? I click add book mark, then OK, but the
    > window is frozen.
    >
    > Anyone else have probs with this?

    No, mines working normally.
    shannon, Dec 1, 2005
  12. "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:26:39 +1300, steve
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >>A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    > It was not being flagged as a Update at all.
    >

    > I also have the Final of Netscape 8..

    ah netscape 8 is shit, since it doesnt' have a zip drive woger.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Dec 1, 2005
  13. steve

    Fran Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:41:14 +1300, shannon <> wrote in
    >
    >> steve wrote:
    >>> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>>
    >>> A better version of the better browser.
    >>>

    >> Bugger
    >> It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    >> Opera does.

    > Well *BULLY* for Opera!

    Woohoo!
    Go Opera!

    Fran
    :):):)
    Fran, Dec 1, 2005
  14. steve

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:36:55 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz" <>
    wrote:

    >"XP" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:26:39 +1300, steve
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>>
    >>>A better version of the better browser.
    >>>

    >> It was not being flagged as a Update at all.
    >>

    >> I also have the Final of Netscape 8..
    >>

    >ah netscape 8 is shit, since it doesnt' have a zip drive woger.

    Do you have a Normal Brain or its it you just were born Stupid..?
    XP, Dec 1, 2005
  15. steve

    -=rjh=- Guest

    shannon wrote:
    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:41:14 +1300, shannon <> wrote in

    >>> Bugger
    >>> It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    >>> Opera does.

    >> Well *BULLY* for Opera!
    >>

    > Opera is the standard that Firefox should be judged against.
    > IE doesn't come close, but the touch pad scrolling works.
    > It doesn't work on Thunderbird either, or Openoffice.
    >
    > Its the little things that really matter.

    Fair enough for the things that you care about, but Opera is useless to
    me because it doesn't work with online editors like blogger (and
    probably not with gmail, either).

    I'd hardly call that a little thing, and it may not matter to a lot of
    people; but given the way the web is moving, for me it is a show stopper.
    -=rjh=-, Dec 1, 2005
  16. steve

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:41:14 +1300, shannon <> wrote:

    >steve wrote:
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    >Bugger
    >It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    >Opera does.

    Opera is wirth having, especially as it is free now.
    GraB, Dec 1, 2005
  17. steve

    GraB Guest

    <> wrote:

    >www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >
    >A better version of the better browser.

    Might wait a bit to see how many extensions won't work with it.
    GraB, Dec 1, 2005
  18. steve

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:36:26 +1300, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >"steve" <> wrote in message
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    >I can't add book marks anymore? I click add book mark, then OK, but the
    >window is frozen.
    >
    >Anyone else have probs with this?

    Did you install over the top of the existing Firefox or fresh install?
    I believe some problems can come from installing over the top of
    existing installs.
    GraB, Dec 1, 2005
  19. steve

    MarkH Guest

    -=rjh=- <> wrote in news:438e8067$:

    > shannon wrote:
    >> Opera is the standard that Firefox should be judged against.
    >> IE doesn't come close, but the touch pad scrolling works.
    >> It doesn't work on Thunderbird either, or Openoffice.
    >>
    >> Its the little things that really matter.

    > Fair enough for the things that you care about, but Opera is useless to
    > me because it doesn't work with online editors like blogger (and
    > probably not with gmail, either).

    Works fine for GMail on my PCs.

    > I'd hardly call that a little thing, and it may not matter to a lot of
    > people; but given the way the web is moving, for me it is a show stopper.

    Since I don't use blogger and GMail works fine then I am happy to use it.
    Of course I also have Mozilla on my Windows box and Firefox on my Linux
    boxes, so if something doesn't work with Opera I can just switch to an
    alternative browser.

    So far in the last couple of months I have come across one page that didn't
    work with Opera.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade
    MarkH, Dec 1, 2005
  20. steve

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:41:14 +1300, shannon <> wrote:

    >steve wrote:
    >> www.mozilla.com (yes -> .com)
    >>
    >> A better version of the better browser.
    >>

    >Bugger
    >It still doesn't scroll with a touch pad
    >Opera does.

    I'm pretty sure it does for me.
    Craig Shore, Dec 1, 2005