    I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
    to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another
    , Sep 10, 2005

  2. Guest

    wrote:
    > playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...
    >
    > I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
    > and this has been fine in previous versions...
    >
    > but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
    > it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts
    >
    > this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed
    >
    > I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
    > to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

    belay that - it appears to have been caused by an extension...

    lesson learned:
    the fact an extension installs doesn't preclude side-effects

    or something ;)
    , Sep 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...
    >>
    >> I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
    >> and this has been fine in previous versions...
    >>
    >> but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
    >> it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts
    >>
    >> this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed
    >>
    >> I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
    >> to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

    > belay that - it appears to have been caused by an extension...
    >
    > lesson learned:
    > the fact an extension installs doesn't preclude side-effects
    >
    > or something ;)

    Smart Middle Click 0.2
    , Sep 10, 2005
  4. CC Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> playing with Firefox 1.5 beta 1...
    >>>
    >>> I like to customise the layout of the toolbars
    >>> and this has been fine in previous versions...
    >>>
    >>> but in 1.5 beta 1 - the layout isn't retained -
    >>> it reverts to the default next time Firefox starts
    >>>
    >>> this is on XP SP2 and the only Firefox version installed
    >>>
    >>> I uninstalled 1.0.6 and deleted existing profiles
    >>> to ensure it wasn't one version clashing with another

    >> belay that - it appears to have been caused by an extension...
    >>
    >> lesson learned:
    >> the fact an extension installs doesn't preclude side-effects
    >>
    >> or something ;)

    > Smart Middle Click 0.2

    URL for FF 1.5??

    Thanks

    CC
    CC, Sep 11, 2005
  5. Guest

    > URL for FF 1.5??
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > CC

    er... www.mozilla.org :D

    featured in a small block on the right of the home page

    bear in mind that this is 1.5 *beta* 1
    , Sep 11, 2005