    holding back a little while for version 2 auto updates?
    tia
    me

    bassbag, Nov 8, 2006

  2. bassbag

    SteveG Guest

    bassbag wrote:
    > Just updated to the above version but after restarting firefox and
    > clicking the auto update ,i expected it to tell me that version 2 was
    > waiting ,however it said no new updates were available.Are mozilla
    > holding back a little while for version 2 auto updates?
    > tia
    > me

    When I updated the wife's just now 1.5.0.8 gave me the option to update
    to 2 when it first re-started. Apparently it only does that the once so
    if, like me you choose to update something else at the same time - in my
    case an extension that popped up - and that closes Fx to initialise
    itself then you lose that option.

    Clicking on the check for updates doesn't work either. I had to go to
    the Mozilla web site and download the v2 installer.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Nov 8, 2006

  3. bassbag

    bassbag Guest

    In article <X%p4h.49279$>, _@_._
    says...
    > bassbag wrote:
    > > Just updated to the above version but after restarting firefox and
    > > clicking the auto update ,i expected it to tell me that version 2 was
    > > waiting ,however it said no new updates were available.Are mozilla
    > > holding back a little while for version 2 auto updates?
    > > tia
    > > me

    > When I updated the wife's just now 1.5.0.8 gave me the option to update
    > to 2 when it first re-started. Apparently it only does that the once so
    > if, like me you choose to update something else at the same time - in my
    > case an extension that popped up - and that closes Fx to initialise
    > itself then you lose that option.
    >
    > Clicking on the check for updates doesn't work either. I had to go to
    > the Mozilla web site and download the v2 installer.
    >
    > HTH

    Ahh that explains it...i too updated an extension.I guess ill just
    download version 2 as all but one of my extensions are compatible now.
    Thanks again
    me

    bassbag, Nov 8, 2006
  4. bassbag

    SteveG Guest

    bassbag wrote:
    > In article <X%p4h.49279$>, _@_._
    > says...
    >> bassbag wrote:
    >>> Just updated to the above version but after restarting firefox and
    >>> clicking the auto update ,i expected it to tell me that version 2 was
    >>> waiting ,however it said no new updates were available.Are mozilla
    >>> holding back a little while for version 2 auto updates?
    >>> tia
    >>> me

    >> When I updated the wife's just now 1.5.0.8 gave me the option to update
    >> to 2 when it first re-started. Apparently it only does that the once so
    >> if, like me you choose to update something else at the same time - in my
    >> case an extension that popped up - and that closes Fx to initialise
    >> itself then you lose that option.
    >>
    >> Clicking on the check for updates doesn't work either. I had to go to
    >> the Mozilla web site and download the v2 installer.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > Ahh that explains it...i too updated an extension.I guess ill just
    > download version 2 as all but one of my extensions are compatible now.
    > Thanks again
    > me

    You're welcome :)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Nov 8, 2006
  5. bassbag

    Snooky Guest

    Why bother? Just go to www.getfirefox.com and download it, it'll take about 1 minute, and it will install and automatically copy your current settings in another minute.

    Snooky, Nov 9, 2006
  6. SteveG wrote:
    > bassbag wrote:
    >> Just updated to the above version but after restarting firefox and
    >> clicking the auto update ,i expected it to tell me that version 2 was
    >> waiting ,however it said no new updates were available.Are mozilla
    >> holding back a little while for version 2 auto updates?
    >> tia
    >> me

    > When I updated the wife's just now 1.5.0.8 gave me the option to update
    > to 2 when it first re-started. Apparently it only does that the once so
    > if, like me you choose to update something else at the same time - in my
    > case an extension that popped up - and that closes Fx to initialise
    > itself then you lose that option.
    >
    > Clicking on the check for updates doesn't work either. I had to go to
    > the Mozilla web site and download the v2 installer.
    >
    > HTH

    Hi Steve, good to see you over here.

    Yours is the first report I have heard that FF 1.5.0.8 actually offered
    to autoupdate to 2.0.

    My understanding, based on recent reports, is that, while 1.5.0.8 is now
    capable of major updates, it requires that Mozilla make it available on
    the update serve, which, as yet, they have not, as far as I know. I have
    had two machines autoupdate to 1.5.0.8, and not a hint of an update to 2.0.

    It would seem that Mozilla is going to wait until 2.0.1` (or they may
    version it 2.0.0.1) before pushing it via autoupdate.

    This mozillaZine thread has some discussion of it:

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 9, 2006
  7. bassbag

    SteveG Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > SteveG wrote:
    >> bassbag wrote:
    >>> Just updated to the above version but after restarting firefox and
    >>> clicking the auto update ,i expected it to tell me that version 2 was
    >>> waiting ,however it said no new updates were available.Are mozilla
    >>> holding back a little while for version 2 auto updates?
    >>> tia
    >>> me

    >> When I updated the wife's just now 1.5.0.8 gave me the option to
    >> update to 2 when it first re-started. Apparently it only does that the
    >> once so if, like me you choose to update something else at the same
    >> time - in my case an extension that popped up - and that closes Fx to
    >> initialise itself then you lose that option.
    >>
    >> Clicking on the check for updates doesn't work either. I had to go to
    >> the Mozilla web site and download the v2 installer.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>

    > Hi Steve, good to see you over here.
    >
    > Yours is the first report I have heard that FF 1.5.0.8 actually offered
    > to autoupdate to 2.0.
    >
    > My understanding, based on recent reports, is that, while 1.5.0.8 is now
    > capable of major updates, it requires that Mozilla make it available on
    > the update serve, which, as yet, they have not, as far as I know. I have
    > had two machines autoupdate to 1.5.0.8, and not a hint of an update to 2.0.
    >
    > It would seem that Mozilla is going to wait until 2.0.1` (or they may
    > version it 2.0.0.1) before pushing it via autoupdate.
    >
    > This mozillaZine thread has some discussion of it:
    >
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=476975
    >
    > Lee

    Hi Lee,

    1.5.0.8 definitely did offer to update when it launched for the first
    time. Unfortunately a couple of extensions also popped up with updates
    at the same time and I clicked on those to go ahead. Well one of them
    needed Fx to re-launch which, of course, became the second time it had
    been launched and it didn't offer the update again.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Nov 9, 2006