    (This is the second time I've stumbled across this phenomenon.)

    --

    Kes

    kes, May 2, 2006

  2. kes

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 02/05/06 19:02, kes Scribbled:
    > Firefox 1.5.0.3 is advertised as downloadable on FileHippo
    > http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/
    >

    > .... although the official Mozilla site has yet to release it.
    >
    > How do these guys know? How can they react quicker than the official
    > site?
    > (This is the second time I've stumbled across this phenomenon.)

    <url:ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.3/>

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    Kieren aka JediFans - <url:http://jedifans.com/>

    Jedi Fans, May 2, 2006

  3. *Jedi Fans* wrote on 02.05.06 20:19:
    > On 02/05/06 19:02, kes Scribbled:
    >> Firefox 1.5.0.3 is advertised as downloadable on FileHippo
    >> http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/
    >>
    >> .... although the official Mozilla site has yet to release it.
    >>
    >> How do these guys know? How can they react quicker than the official
    >> site?
    >> (This is the second time I've stumbled across this phenomenon.)
    >>

    > <url:ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.3/>

    And esp. this readme:
    ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.3/README.UNRELEASED

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Burkhard_M=FCller?=, May 2, 2006
  4. Keith (Southend), May 2, 2006
  5. Keith (Southend), May 2, 2006
  6. kes

    Vinnie Guest

    > And installed :)

    Same here. Hopefully it'll address some of the bugs that were
    in the last update which was IMO a disappointment.

    Vinnie, May 3, 2006
  7. kes

    History Fan Guest

    I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.

    History Fan, May 3, 2006
  8. History Fan wrote:
    > I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    > apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.

    Mine updated last night

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 3, 2006
  9. kes

    Canopus Guest

    History Fan on 03/05/2006 wrote:

    > I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.

    Click on "Check for updates" under the Help menu and it will do it now.
    Took me a few seconds as it seem to be only a small patch.

    --
    Rob

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canopus_archives/

    Canopus, May 3, 2006
  10. kes

    History Fan Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    > I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    > apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.

    FF just downloaded the update a few minutes ago, and prompted me to
    restart the browser. I did so, and am currently using 1.5.0.3.

    History Fan, May 3, 2006
  11. kes

    SteveG Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    > apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.

    Mine offered me the update last night ... but I declined s too busy to
    mess with it. Gonna try it later :)

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 3, 2006
  12. kes

    SteveG Guest

    SteveG wrote:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to
    >> automatically apply the update. So far, browser version is still
    >> 1.5.0.2.
    >>

    > Mine offered me the update last night ... but I declined s too busy to
    > mess with it. Gonna try it later :)

    Just updated ... no problems at all :)

    I love FF!!

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 3, 2006
  13. kes

    Paulo Guest

    Since installing the latest firefox version, I keep getting an error
    until the next time the browser is used.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    Paulo.

    Paulo, May 4, 2006
  14. kes

    Justin Guest

    SteveG wrote on [Wed, 03 May 2006 20:13:52 GMT]:
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    >> apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.
    >>

    > Mine offered me the update last night ... but I declined s too busy to
    > mess with it. Gonna try it later :)

    It offered to install it or it offered to restart it?

    Justin, May 4, 2006
  15. kes

    SteveG Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > SteveG wrote on [Wed, 03 May 2006 20:13:52 GMT]:
    >> History Fan wrote:
    >>> I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    >>> apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.
    >>>

    >> Mine offered me the update last night ... but I declined s too busy to
    >> mess with it. Gonna try it later :)

    > It offered to install it or it offered to restart it?

    Offered to download and install but gave me the option to proceed or do
    it later. I chose to do it later and had to select check for updates
    from the help menu.

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, May 4, 2006
  16. kes

    Justin Guest

    SteveG wrote on [Thu, 04 May 2006 19:47:21 GMT]:
    > Justin wrote:
    >> SteveG wrote on [Wed, 03 May 2006 20:13:52 GMT]:
    >>>>

    >>> Mine offered me the update last night ... but I declined s too busy to
    >>> mess with it. Gonna try it later :)

    >> It offered to install it or it offered to restart it?

    > Offered to download and install but gave me the option to proceed or do
    > it later. I chose to do it later and had to select check for updates
    > from the help menu.

    Huh. It forces me to do it, either right now or next restart. No
    delaying any further than that.

    Probably a setting somewhere

    Justin, May 4, 2006
  17. kes

    mailman Guest

    On Wed, 3 May 2006 11:39:33 -0400, "History Fan"
    <> wrote:

    >"History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm going to wait and see how long it takes Firefox to automatically
    >> apply the update. So far, browser version is still 1.5.0.2.
    >>

    > FF just downloaded the update a few minutes ago, and prompted me to
    >restart the browser. I did so, and am currently using 1.5.0.3.

    Me too painless
    Yandoit Australia

    *
    * *

    + "A poor excuse is like an old bucket; doesn't matter
    what shape it's in, as long as it holds water"
    *
    PK Shaw

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0618-3, 05/05/2006
    Tested on: 6/05/2006 11:18:34 AM

    mailman, May 6, 2006