    browser page)

    anyone know a workaround ?

    , Feb 25, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using and enjoying firefox on OSX (power PC) It works fine
    >
    > APART from an annoying problem. If I minimise a window for a period of
    > time, if I then maximise it, it looks fine BUT I cannot type in any of
    > the text fields (the url, the google search or any text fields in the
    > browser page)
    >
    > anyone know a workaround ?

    Which OS X variant are you using?

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 25, 2006

  3. gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using and enjoying firefox on OSX (power PC) It works fine
    >
    > APART from an annoying problem. If I minimise a window for a period of
    > time, if I then maximise it, it looks fine BUT I cannot type in any of
    > the text fields (the url, the google search or any text fields in the
    > browser page)
    >
    > anyone know a workaround ?

    I have that problem with windows, and I have to switch focus to
    another program and then switch back.

    gwtc, Feb 25, 2006
  4. Guest

    System Software Overview:

    System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.5 (8H14)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 8.5.0
    Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
    Computer Name: Jonathan Ives' iMac G5
    User Name: Jonathan Ives (jonathanives)

    , Feb 25, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > System Software Overview:
    >
    > System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.5 (8H14)
    > Kernel Version: Darwin 8.5.0
    > Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
    > Computer Name: Jonathan Ives' iMac G5
    > User Name: Jonathan Ives (jonathanives)

    Ah, thats nice. But since you snipped everything else out, I dont have a
    clue what the original question was <g>
    I dont have the time to re-read each and every thread in all the
    newsgroups I participate in when answering questions
    It was something concerning macs, and I do re-call asking what system
    you were using, but thats about it.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 26, 2006
  6. Guest

    I didn't actually snip anything, I merley replied using google groups
    and this is the way it turned out. My problem is that Firefox 1.5.0.1
    under Mac OSX (10.4.5) has an annoying issue . If I minimise a window
    and then later maximise it I loose the ability to enter text in the url
    field, the google search field or any other text fields that occur on
    the web page itself. I have to close the winodw and open a freash one.
    Happens all the time and is annoying

    , Feb 27, 2006
  7. gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > I didn't actually snip anything, I merley replied using google groups
    > and this is the way it turned out.

    If you're going to post using googlegroups, then do not hit the reply
    that is provided. When you do that, then everything gets stripped and
    its hard for helpers to back track. Instead, click on Show Options at
    the top [I think its at the top], then hit the reply from that page.
    This reply preserves the entire message content. Thanks

    gwtc, Feb 27, 2006
  8. wrote:
    > I didn't actually snip anything, I merley replied using google groups
    > and this is the way it turned out. My problem is that Firefox 1.5.0.1
    > under Mac OSX (10.4.5) has an annoying issue . If I minimise a window
    > and then later maximise it I loose the ability to enter text in the url
    > field, the google search field or any other text fields that occur on
    > the web page itself. I have to close the winodw and open a freash one.
    > Happens all the time and is annoying

    I didnt think you could reply via google groups, but in any case if you
    continue to use that format, then I suggest you copy and past the
    subscription to news://news.mozilla.org

    Now that you have restated the problem, here is a workaround
    You dont have to close the window and open a fresh one, all you have to
    do is click on something else, and then go back to the original window.
    i.e. click on the desktop (if you have it available) or click on the
    Apple menu, then click again on the Firefox page and you should have
    full function again.

    The problem is that there is no 'focus' inherent when mazimizing the
    window from the dock, the portion of the window that is in 'focus' (such
    as the url bar or search bar) is unknown, hence no entries can be made.
    Clicking on something else (desktop or Apple Menu list) and then
    returning to the window gives it back its focus. Whether this is a
    strictly Firefox issue or a related System issue has not yet been determined

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 28, 2006
  9. gwtc Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>I didn't actually snip anything, I merley replied using google groups
    >>and this is the way it turned out. [snip]
    >>

    > I didnt think you could reply via google groups, but in any case if you
    > continue to use that format, then I suggest you copy and past the
    > subscription to news://news.mozilla.org

    Correction Dan. This is the alt.fan.mozilla newsgroup. It is NOT
    available on the mozilla.org news server. Its available on the usenet
    servers, such as google.

    [snip]

    gwtc, Feb 28, 2006
  10. gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I didn't actually snip anything, I merley replied using google groups
    >>> and this is the way it turned out. [snip]
    >>>

    >> I didnt think you could reply via google groups, but in any case if
    >> you continue to use that format, then I suggest you copy and past the
    >> subscription to news://news.mozilla.org
    >>

    > Correction Dan. This is the alt.fan.mozilla newsgroup. It is NOT
    > available on the mozilla.org news server. Its available on the usenet
    > servers, such as google.
    >
    > [snip]

    Right, how did I miss that.

    Try a direct connection to the newsgroup then, if your ISP has a news
    server, avoiding the google groups interface.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 28, 2006
  11. gwtc Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>>I didnt think you could reply via google groups, but in any case if
    >>>you continue to use that format, then I suggest you copy and past the
    >>>subscription to news://news.mozilla.org
    >>>

    >>Correction Dan. This is the alt.fan.mozilla newsgroup. It is NOT
    >>available on the mozilla.org news server. Its available on the usenet
    >>servers, such as google.
    >>
    >>[snip]

    > Right, how did I miss that.
    >
    > Try a direct connection to the newsgroup then, if your ISP has a news
    > server, avoiding the google groups interface.

    or follow my message in a previous post regarding how to post using
    googlegroups.

    gwtc, Feb 28, 2006