Firefox 1.5.0.1 - Closing tabs and remaining tab order

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Captain Infinity, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. I have Firefox 1.5.0.1 running on two different PC's: one is running Win XP
    Home and the other is running Win XP Pro (I don't think the OS matters to my
    question, but for completeness...)

    On the one running XP Home, when I close the rightmost tab my view shifts to
    the last tab viewed, no matter what its order in the sequence of open tabs.
    It could be the second tab over, it could be the fourth; whatever tab I viewed
    just before the rightmost tab I just closed, that's the one my view shifts to.

    On the XP Pro machine, when I close the rightmost tab my view shifts to the
    remaining rightmost tab (the tab that was to the left of the one I just
    closed).

    I prefer the latter occurrence and would like both machines to function in the
    same way. Is there an "about:config" setting that controls this? I am not
    running any Tab-controlling extensions on either machine.

    Thanks for any help.

    **
    Captain Infinity

    Captain Infinity, Feb 21, 2006