    Firefox!
    Thanks for reading/helping.
    marcel

    marcel, Feb 25, 2005

  2. marcel

    marcel Guest

    Re: Firefox 1 (0xc0000142) error: SOLVED

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:48:35 +0100, marcel <> wrote:

    >Hi experts,
    >each time I try to get (download) a *.pdf file/page or *.zip file/page
    >or a *.real page from Firefox 1.0 (XP Home) I get the message:
    >" Application could not initialise (0xc0000142)
    >click OK to stop the application"
    >then Firefox is dead and can only be eliminated by terminated it with
    >the tasks manager.
    >Any suggestion?
    >Rmk: when Acrobat Reader is already started when I call a *.pdf/page
    >from Firefox, then the file/page is downloaded and opens correctly in
    >Firefox!
    >Thanks for reading/helping.
    >marcel

    Solved: it was my Firewall which was blocking access to these
    Applications. Sorry to have lost your time...
    marcel

    marcel, Feb 26, 2005

  3. marcel

    Cometgamer08

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    firefox 0xc0000142 FINALLY A SOLUTION!!

    I have found out how to fix this problem, first i could not find any way to fix this through web forums...then i decided to uninstall it from my PC and then re downloaded the Mozilla Firefox from their website and when i got the dialog screen asking if i wanted to do a standard install or a custom install i picked the custom install and then when i got to the file where it will be installed i inserted Accessories before the Mozilla Firefox and it installed and now it works so in the dialog box it should read ..

    C:\Program Files\Accessories\Mozilla Firefox\

    happy hunting !

    Cometgamer08, Sep 9, 2011