    MSN: http://marreka.no-ip.com
    "You touch the green wire. You get hit by 75kV.
    You are electrocuted. DYWYPI? [yn]"

    Chaos Master, Aug 2, 2004

  2. Chaos Master

    Kerodo Guest

    In article <>,
    LID says...
    > Hello people.
    >
    > While sending a small bug report to mozilla' Bugzilla (illegal operation on
    > exiting), I found some bugs that are already for 'Firefox 1.0'.
    >
    > Q: Is there any beta of Firefox 1.0 floating around, or is it just a "not
    > ready even for a beta" version?

    The closest would be here...

    http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-0.9/

    --
    Kerodo

    Kerodo, Aug 2, 2004

  3. Chaos Master

    Chaos Master Guest

    Kerodo.exe executou uma operação ilegal e será fechado:

    > The closest would be here...
    >
    > http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-0.9/

    I have found that FF 1.0 is as source via CVS (?), but I am no to
    programming/compiling stuff, so it's not an option. will just use the latest
    nightlies (sp?) for now.

    []s
    --
    Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!

    Chaos Master, Aug 2, 2004
  4. Chaos Master

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Chaos Master wrote:

    > Hello people.
    >
    > While sending a small bug report to mozilla' Bugzilla (illegal operation on
    > exiting), I found some bugs that are already for 'Firefox 1.0'.
    >
    > Q: Is there any beta of Firefox 1.0 floating around, or is it just a "not
    > ready even for a beta" version?
    >
    > []s

    That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
    0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
    Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
    1.3, etc.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    .BRIAN., Aug 2, 2004
  5. Chaos Master

    Chaos Master Guest

    FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:

    > That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
    > 0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
    > Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
    > 1.3, etc.

    I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
    works :).

    []s
    --
    Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
    MSN: http://marreka.no-ip.com
    "You're guilty; the punishment is death for all who live."

    Chaos Master, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Chaos Master

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Chaos Master wrote:

    > FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:
    >

    >>That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
    >>0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
    >>Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
    >>1.3, etc.

    > I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
    > works :).
    >
    > []s

    And so you think the next version is going to be 1.0? Keep waiting. I
    don't know why you are so caught up in a version number. But hey,
    whatever gets you off.

    .BRIAN., Aug 3, 2004
  7. Chaos Master

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Chaos Master wrote:

    > FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:
    >

    >>That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
    >>0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
    >>Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
    >>1.3, etc.

    > I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
    > works :).
    >
    > []s

    And how do you know the particular nightly you are using is considered
    "unstable". Where are you getting this information on the stability of
    nightly builds? Please let us all know.

    .BRIAN., Aug 3, 2004
  8. Chaos Master

    Tony Raven Guest

    Tony Raven, Aug 3, 2004
  9. Chaos Master

    PeEmm Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote 2004-08-03 06:26:

    > Chaos Master wrote:
    >

    >>FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:
    >>

    >>>That is the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed. Does version
    >>>0.9.2 not work for you? Why are you so excited to find version 1.0?
    >>>Why stop there? You'll just start looking/asking for versions 1.1, 1.2,
    >>>1.3, etc.

    >>I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+ Unstable
    >>works :).
    >>
    >>[]s

    > And how do you know the particular nightly you are using is considered
    > "unstable". Where are you getting this information on the stability of
    > nightly builds? Please let us all know.

    "All" already know. Here's a link for you:

    <http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#q1.7>

    --
    /P.M.

    PeEmm, Aug 3, 2004
  10. Chaos Master

    .BRIAN. Guest

    .BRIAN., Aug 3, 2004
  11. Chaos Master

    .BRIAN. Guest

    PeEmm wrote:

    > .BRIAN. wrote 2004-08-03 06:26:
    >
    >> Chaos Master wrote:
    >>

    >>> FATAL: panic at .BRIAN., line 666, address user@127.0.0.1:

    >>> I am just curious (and yes, waiting a lot for 1.0). My FF 0.9.1+
    >>> Unstable works :).
    >>>
    >>> []s

    >> And how do you know the particular nightly you are using is considered
    >> "unstable". Where are you getting this information on the stability
    >> of nightly builds? Please let us all know.
    >>

    > "All" already know. Here's a link for you:
    >
    > <http://texturizer.net/firefox/faq.html#q1.7>

    Hmm... when I read that link it says "Releases are generally more
    stable..." I guess I missed the part that says version 0.9.1+ 20040802
    is unstable. And I didn't see a reference stating "All nightlies are
    considered unstable".

    I didn't want to see that from you anyway. I wanted Chaos Master to let
    us know why his version is unstable. Judging from the questions he
    asks, I doubt he's ever read that link anyway.

    Thanks for trying to point out the information for him though.

    .BRIAN., Aug 3, 2004
  12. Chaos Master

    Tony Raven Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > Hmm... when I read that link it says "Releases are generally more
    > stable..." I guess I missed the part that says version 0.9.1+ 20040802
    > is unstable. And I didn't see a reference stating "All nightlies are
    > considered unstable".

    They might not be intrinsically much more unstable than the last release
    but when combined with extension they are likely to be. Look at the
    number of extensions that worked in FF0.8 but not immediately in 0.9 for
    example.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Aug 3, 2004
  13. Chaos Master

    Ron Hunter Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> .BRIAN. wrote:
    >>

    >>> And so you think the next version is going to be 1.0? Keep waiting.

    >> Mozilla do!
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html
    >>
    >> Tony

    > That road map shows September 14th as the release date. I guess that's
    > pretty close... probably not enough time to release a version 0.9.3 --
    > although I'm willing to bet you will.

    I believe the next version on the branch will be 0.10.0.

    Ron Hunter, Aug 3, 2004
  14. Chaos Master

    Phil Randal Guest

    ..BRIAN. wrote:

    > That road map shows September 14th as the release date. I guess that's
    > pretty close... probably not enough time to release a version 0.9.3 --
    > although I'm willing to bet you will.

    I'd bet on 0.9.3 (and Mozilla 1.7.2 and Thunderbird 0.7.3) being out
    within a week - they've already started the nightly builds for it.

    Cheers,

    Phil

    Phil Randal, Aug 3, 2004
  15. On 2004-08-03, .BRIAN. <user@127.0.0.1> wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >> .BRIAN. wrote:
    >>

    >>> And so you think the next version is going to be 1.0? Keep waiting.

    >> Mozilla do!
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/roadmap.html

    > That road map shows September 14th as the release date. I guess that's
    > pretty close... probably not enough time to release a version 0.9.3 --
    > although I'm willing to bet you will.

    According to current plans, there should be a 0.9.3 in the next couple of
    days (which will just be another 0.9 with a couple more security bugs
    fixed), then there should be a preview release in the next couple of
    weeks, and then a release candidate and 1.0 final in September.

    Don't take the roadmap dates as set in stone - as the roadmap says,
    they're target dates, not deadlines.

    --
    Michael

    Michael Lefevre, Aug 3, 2004
  16. Chaos Master

    Chaos Master Guest

    Chaos happened and .BRIAN. said:

    > I didn't want to see that from you anyway. I wanted Chaos Master to let
    > us know why his version is unstable. Judging from the questions he
    > asks, I doubt he's ever read that link anyway.

    I get some crashes/illegal operations with my unstable.

    []s

    Chaos Master, Aug 4, 2004