  1. Jay Catter

    Jay Catter Guest

    Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the default ?

    Jay Catter, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Jay Catter

    Jay Catter Guest

    Jay Catter <> wrote in
    news:Xns9579648978068jcat01@212.27.42.79:

    > Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the default ?

    Forget about this post. I worked around by setting different profiles as a
    whole, not just bookmarks.

    Jay Catter, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Jay Catter wrote:
    > Jay Catter <> wrote in
    >

    >>Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the default ?

    > Forget about this post. I worked around by setting different profiles as a
    > whole, not just bookmarks.

    To answer the original question though, yes:

    In about:config, right click and select Add. Create a new string pref
    called:

    browser.bookmarks.file

    Set the value to the path of your bookmarks file.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Jay Catter

    Jay Catter Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    > Jay Catter wrote:
    >> Jay Catter <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Is there any way to choose another path for bookmarks than the
    >>>default ?

    > In about:config, right click and select Add. Create a new string pref
    > called:
    >
    > browser.bookmarks.file
    >
    > Set the value to the path of your bookmarks file.
    >
    > Lee

    Thank you for your answer. Is there any place where to learn about all
    these "tricks" or hidden parameters ?

    Jay Catter, Oct 5, 2004