    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    Keith, Dec 21, 2004

  2. (On 12/20/2004 9:54 PM) Keith wrote:
    > I will be setting up a new computer and need to move the Firefox
    > cache and all settings, including cookies and passwords to it. I know
    > where the settings are stored, but how do I get the new instance of
    > Firefox on the *new* computer to use the settings when I fire it up
    > for the first time?

    Why do you need to copy the cache?

    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Keith

    Charles Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > I will be setting up a new computer and need to move the Firefox
    > cache and all settings, including cookies and passwords to it. I know
    > where the settings are stored, but how do I get the new instance of
    > Firefox on the *new* computer to use the settings when I fire it up
    > for the first time?

    I did this just recently and this page helped a lot.
    http://the-edmeister.home.comcast.net/index.html
    However, fair warning, it wasn't as easy as he makes it sound! Creating a
    new profile and just
    clicking and dragging files over to replace the "default" files is what
    finally worked for me, I think
    if you root around his site he has a page where it describes which files
    should go.
    Good Luck.

    Charles, Dec 21, 2004