    problem. I refuse to go back to IE, so please help.
    thanx,
    s...

    s..., Jan 3, 2005

  2. s...

    SightSeer Guest

    s... wrote:
    > Firefox is constantly looking up sites & not finding them. If I click on
    > the link again, it goes there, no problem. Any ideas on this one? It's
    > getting pretty irritating. I'm running XP Pro SP1, norton(& deleting
    > firefox's rules and recreating them with full access doesn't work). I have
    > tried 'detect' network settings, & direct connection, I'm using dialup 9{
    > (& yes it is connected).Nothing works. Everything else I use to connect to
    > various sources on the 'net works fine. I have d/led the latest build, same
    > problem. I refuse to go back to IE, so please help.
    > thanx,
    > s...

    I've had the same problem for sometime now. Foolish me I assumed it was
    just my internet connection. Look forward to suggestions/solutions.

    SS

    --
    "Nothing is more sacred than facts. Where we have reason, we don't need
    faith."

    SightSeer, Jan 3, 2005

  3. s...

    Tony Raven Guest

    SightSeer wrote:
    > s... wrote:
    >
    >> Firefox is constantly looking up sites & not finding them. If I
    >> click on the link again, it goes there, no problem. Any ideas on this
    >> one? It's getting pretty irritating. I'm running XP Pro SP1, norton(&
    >> deleting firefox's rules and recreating them with full access doesn't
    >> work). I have tried 'detect' network settings, & direct connection,
    >> I'm using dialup 9{ (& yes it is connected).Nothing works. Everything
    >> else I use to connect to various sources on the 'net works fine. I
    >> have d/led the latest build, same problem. I refuse to go back to IE,
    >> so please help.
    >> thanx,
    >> s...

    > I've had the same problem for sometime now. Foolish me I assumed it was
    > just my internet connection. Look forward to suggestions/solutions.
    >
    > SS

    Me too but curiously only with one particular internet connection; all
    the others work fine. At that ISP's advice I switched to setting static
    rather than dynamic DNS servers and now it finds the sites but sometimes
    takes a little time to do so. So I suspect its not only FF but also
    involves the ISP as well.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Jan 3, 2005