Firefox 1.0 is Out

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Mayhew, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Chris Mayhew

    JedMeister Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >
    > --

    Is this much different to the previous version? I am overcap on my jetstream
    so not inclined to download too much.

    JedMeister, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Chris Mayhew

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:20:53 +1300, JedMeister wrote:

    > "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >>
    >> --

    > Is this much different to the previous version? I am overcap on my jetstream
    > so not inclined to download too much.

    Much better. Everything works and looks good. Just dont try to access
    updates.mozilla.org or ftp.mozilla.org, they're overloaded.

    -[Myth]-, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Hope Guest

    JedMeister wrote:

    > "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >>

    > Is this much different to the previous version? I am overcap on my
    > jetstream so not inclined to download too much.

    Did your speed actually drop to 64k when you went over?

    Chris Hope, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Chris Mayhew

    Nigel Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:28:28 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:20:53 +1300, JedMeister wrote:
    >
    >> "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    >> message news:...
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    >>>
    >>> --

    >> Is this much different to the previous version? I am overcap on my
    >> jetstream so not inclined to download too much.

    > Much better. Everything works and looks good. Just dont try to access
    > updates.mozilla.org or ftp.mozilla.org, they're overloaded.

    I did a google & got the ftp.mozilla.org site :), the neat thing is they
    have torrent links there.

    Nigel

    Nigel, Nov 9, 2004
  6. Chris Mayhew

    Bb Guest

    Bb, Nov 9, 2004
  7. Chris Mayhew

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:46:38 +1300, Nigel wrote:

    > I did a google & got the ftp.mozilla.org site :), the neat thing is they
    > have torrent links there.

    Ah, good stuff. It has amazed me that they have not advertised this fact
    unless they want to say x million downloads in y days.

    Gordon, Nov 10, 2004
  8. Chris Mayhew

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:48:15 +1300, Bb wrote:

    > "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

    > Adblock is plugin not yet supported, but it's on the lookout for it.!
    > Impressive.

    really? I had an old nightly build already installed and its working fine,
    but I tried to upgrade it and it wouldnt let me install, so i guess you
    guys miss out :D

    -[Myth]-, Nov 10, 2004
  9. Chris Mayhew

    Nigel Guest

    On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 16:38:59 +1300, Gordon wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:46:38 +1300, Nigel wrote:
    >
    >> I did a google & got the ftp.mozilla.org site :), the neat thing is they
    >> have torrent links there.

    > Ah, good stuff. It has amazed me that they have not advertised this fact
    > unless they want to say x million downloads in y days.

    I'm sure there is a bit of that, that fine line between publicity and
    efficiency :).

    Nigel

    Nigel, Nov 10, 2004