firefox 1.0 installation problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Steve, Nov 12, 2004.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hello
    I've a problem installing firefox onto my fedora core 2 machine , I'm
    a newbie with Linux but I have managed to install previous versions on
    other Linux machines.
    I've downloaded firefox-1.0.installer.tar.gz and extracted it into a
    folder /home/user/firefoxinst
    I then run firefox-installer and tell it to install in a folder
    /home/user/firefox, the installer makes the new directory but it does
    not install anything into it !
    I've tried running firefox-installer from a the shell as su - , and
    the same thing happens, no errors displayed but no files installed.

    Rant mode on.
    I think firefox is a superb browser I use it all the time on my
    Windows machine and it installed no problem, so why cant the linux
    version be as easy?
    Rant mode off.

    Thanks for any help

    Steve