    Jay Catter Guest

    In my bookmark toolbar I set folders containing bookmarks. Is there any way
    to change that ugly folder icon to anything else ?
    Jay Catter, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Jay Catter

    Reg Mouatt Guest

    On 06 Oct 2004 12:50:27 GMT, Jay Catter <>
    wrote:

    >In my bookmark toolbar I set folders containing bookmarks. Is there any way
    >to change that ugly folder icon to anything else ?

    You will probably have to change the whole lot to do that. Click on
    Tools/Themes/Get More Themes. I seem to remember, at one time, being
    able to see examples of each theme before downloading, perhaps I am
    mistaken but it seems you now have to download the theme before
    finding out how it looks.

    Reg
    Reg Mouatt, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Jay Catter

    Jay Catter Guest

    Reg Mouatt <> wrote in

    > On 06 Oct 2004 12:50:27 GMT, Jay Catter <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In my bookmark toolbar I set folders containing bookmarks. Is there
    >>any way to change that ugly folder icon to anything else ?

    > You will probably have to change the whole lot to do that. Click on
    > Tools/Themes/Get More Themes. I seem to remember, at one time, being
    > able to see examples of each theme before downloading, perhaps I am
    > mistaken but it seems you now have to download the theme before
    > finding out how it looks.
    >
    > Reg

    I didn't explain well. Not only those folder icons are ugly, but they are
    ALL the same. When you have several single bookmarks in the bar (not in
    folders), after you use one it gets a nice icon from the site. Same thing
    occurs when you keep the folder "Latest Headlines" from the initial
    I would like to be able to change each individual icon folder in my toolbar
    at least (or even in the bookmark manager). Any idea ?

    Jay
    Jay Catter, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Jay Catter wrote:
    > Reg Mouatt <> wrote in
    >

    >>On 06 Oct 2004 12:50:27 GMT, Jay Catter <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>In my bookmark toolbar I set folders containing bookmarks. Is there
    >>>any way to change that ugly folder icon to anything else ?

    >>You will probably have to change the whole lot to do that. Click on
    >>Tools/Themes/Get More Themes. I seem to remember, at one time, being
    >>able to see examples of each theme before downloading, perhaps I am
    >>mistaken but it seems you now have to download the theme before
    >>finding out how it looks.
    >>
    >>Reg

    > I didn't explain well. Not only those folder icons are ugly, but they are
    > ALL the same. When you have several single bookmarks in the bar (not in
    > folders), after you use one it gets a nice icon from the site. Same thing
    > occurs when you keep the folder "Latest Headlines" from the initial
    > I would like to be able to change each individual icon folder in my toolbar
    > at least (or even in the bookmark manager). Any idea ?
    >
    > Jay

    I don't think it can be done. As Reg points out, each theme will have
    its own icon set, with one for a folder. If you want to hack into the
    theme's jar file, you could replace it, but then it would still be the
    same icon for each folder. I can't even begin to think of a way to get
    a separate, custom icon for each individual folder.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2004