    when I exited. But, as I said, when I logged bck on, it was gone.

    Please help.

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > After adding bookmarks and leaving Firefox, the bookmarks I added have
    > disdappeared. After adding each bookmark, I check to make sure it is on
    > the menu. It is. The new folder, I added to the toolbar. It was there
    > when I exited. But, as I said, when I logged bck on, it was gone.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > dj tuchler

    Go into your profile folder, and look for bookmarks.html. Check the
    properties to make sure it not marked read-only.

    Also take a look at any files that may be called bookmarks-1.html,
    bookmarks-2.html, bookmarks.bak, or bookmarks.html.moztemp See if any
    of those have your missing bookmarks.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 26, 2005

  3. On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:58:33 +0000, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >> After adding bookmarks and leaving Firefox, the bookmarks I added have
    >> disdappeared. After adding each bookmark, I check to make sure it is on
    >> the menu. It is. The new folder, I added to the toolbar. It was there
    >> when I exited. But, as I said, when I logged bck on, it was gone.
    >>
    >> Please help.
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > Go into your profile folder, and look for bookmarks.html. Check the
    > properties to make sure it not marked read-only.
    >
    > Also take a look at any files that may be called bookmarks-1.html,
    > bookmarks-2.html, bookmarks.bak, or bookmarks.html.moztemp See if any
    > of those have your missing bookmarks.

    I went to the Firefox/defaults/profile folder and found the original
    bookmarks.html that came with firefox, but not the actual bookmarks.html
    file being used now. Where would I find that?

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:58:33 +0000, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >

    >>Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >>
    >>>After adding bookmarks and leaving Firefox, the bookmarks I added have
    >>>disdappeared. After adding each bookmark, I check to make sure it is on
    >>>the menu. It is. The new folder, I added to the toolbar. It was there
    >>>when I exited. But, as I said, when I logged bck on, it was gone.
    >>>
    >>>Please help.
    >>>
    >>>dj tuchler

    >>Go into your profile folder, and look for bookmarks.html. Check the
    >>properties to make sure it not marked read-only.
    >>
    >>Also take a look at any files that may be called bookmarks-1.html,
    >>bookmarks-2.html, bookmarks.bak, or bookmarks.html.moztemp See if any
    >>of those have your missing bookmarks.

    > I went to the Firefox/defaults/profile folder and found the original
    > bookmarks.html that came with firefox, but not the actual bookmarks.html
    > file being used now. Where would I find that?
    >
    > dj tuchler

    That;'s because you're looking in the program folder:

    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (at least if you are on Windows)

    That's where the default bookmarks, and other items, that are set up in
    a new profile are stored. Your profile is stored separately. The path
    varies considerably by OS.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Folder

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 26, 2005
  5. On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:16:31 +0000, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    >> I went to the Firefox/defaults/profile folder and found the original
    >> bookmarks.html that came with firefox, but not the actual bookmarks.html
    >> file being used now. Where would I find that?
    >>
    >> dj tuchler

    > That;'s because you're looking in the program folder:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (at least if you are on Windows)

    I found it (I'm in Linux, the file was under
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/default.3hk) and your thought about being read only was
    correct. I wonder how that happened>

    Thanks again for your help

    dj tuchler

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Feb 26, 2005
  6. Dennis J. Tuchler

    JDT Guest

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:58:33 GMT, Leonidas Jones <>
    wrote:

    >Go into your profile folder, and look for bookmarks.html. Check the
    >properties to make sure it not marked read-only.

    Where is the profile folder?

    JDT, Feb 27, 2005

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 27, 2005