Firefox 1.0.4 ANZ online banking problem

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by GraB, May 17, 2005.

  1. GraB

    GraB Guest

    Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
    popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:

    Your interactive session cannot be continued.

    Possible Causes

    * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
    * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
    address.
    * Your ID tag is invalid.

    Resolution

    * Restart this application from the beginning.

    Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.
    GraB, May 17, 2005

  2. GraB

    Adam Cameron Guest

    Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
    1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
    vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

    --

    Adam
    Adam Cameron, May 17, 2005

  3. GraB

    Adam Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB wrote:

    >Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    >since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
    >popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
    >
    >Your interactive session cannot be continued.
    >
    >Possible Causes
    >
    > * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
    > * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
    >address.
    > * Your ID tag is invalid.
    >
    >Resolution
    >
    > * Restart this application from the beginning.
    >
    >Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

    I use 1.0.4 with both ASB and the National Bank - no problems.

    Have you tried flushing your cache and deleting your old cookies?

    Adam (the other one!).
    Adam, May 17, 2005
  4. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:54:31 +0100, Adam Cameron
    <> wrote:

    >Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
    >1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
    >vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

    Cracked it. I disabled Tabbrowser extensions and everything worked.
    Must look for update.
    GraB, May 17, 2005
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:15:25 +1200, Adam wrote:

    >On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB wrote:
    >
    >>Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    >>since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
    >>popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
    >>
    >>Your interactive session cannot be continued.
    >>
    >>Possible Causes
    >>
    >> * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
    >> * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
    >>address.
    >> * Your ID tag is invalid.
    >>
    >>Resolution
    >>
    >> * Restart this application from the beginning.
    >>
    >>Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

    >I use 1.0.4 with both ASB and the National Bank - no problems.
    >
    >Have you tried flushing your cache and deleting your old cookies?
    >
    >Adam (the other one!).

    I tried uninstalling tabbrowser extensions and installing latest one
    but still the same. Without tabbrowser extensions it works fine.

    I have always found that some extension or another gets broken with
    every new version of Firefox. Getting fed up with it. Don't the
    Firefox people know they break extensions?

    For now will stick with Opera for my banking.
    GraB, May 17, 2005
  6. On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:05:23 +1200, someone purporting to be GraB doth
    scrawl:

    > On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:15:25 +1200, Adam wrote:

    *SNIP*
    > I tried uninstalling tabbrowser extensions and installing latest one
    > but still the same. Without tabbrowser extensions it works fine.

    That plugin regularly comes up as the source of problems on all kinds of
    sites. I haven't bothered installing it after reading of all the issues
    that people have with it.

    > I have always found that some extension or another gets broken with
    > every new version of Firefox. Getting fed up with it. Don't the
    > Firefox people know they break extensions?

    Their concern is, rightly, the browser. Retaining backward compatibility
    with extensions would be very restrictive, and could well result in bugs
    not being patched.

    > For now will stick with Opera for my banking.

    Why? Firefox works just fine. Hell, i'm running it on FreeBSD AMD64, and
    I've not had problems with ANZ or SuperBank. Don't blame the browser for
    your choice of plugins.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."
    Matthew Poole, May 17, 2005
  7. GraB

    Adam Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 06:05:23 +1200, GraB wrote:

    >I have always found that some extension or another gets broken with
    >every new version of Firefox. Getting fed up with it. Don't the
    >Firefox people know they break extensions?
    >
    >For now will stick with Opera for my banking.

    Before installing any new extension, I always make sure I read users'
    comments. There are some notorious extensions that I've managed to
    avoid that way.

    I've been using Firefox for a fair while now and had no real problems
    with it. You can't blame Firefox for poorly written 3rd party
    extensions. With the right add-ons, it's a much better browser than IE
    (in my view).

    Adam.
    Adam, May 18, 2005
  8. GraB

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:25:26 +1200, GraB wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:54:31 +0100, Adam Cameron
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
    >>1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
    >>vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

    > Cracked it. I disabled Tabbrowser extensions and everything worked.
    > Must look for update.

    Now you are onto it, Firefox not joined at the hip to the extensions. An
    update of FF may break a extension, the extension writer then has to catch
    up.

    Look at it this way, you have a choice, do not update FF and increase the
    risk of having something way beyond annoying done to your PC, or use MSIE
    and have this happen.
    Gordon, May 18, 2005
  9. GraB

    steve Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    > since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page.  I allowed
    > popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
    >
    > Your interactive session cannot be continued.

    The ANZ Bank web site has been grindingly slow the past several weeks.

    I was going to send them a webmail via their online banking interface....but
    I gave up trying to login because I wasn't getting anywhere.

    I started at 16;41 and gave up at 16:53.

    I did manage to login......but then you get that 4-line screen with the info
    about last login and password change...and that took a while to go
    away....THEN I got my accounts and chose "Transfer money between
    accounts".....and off it went......and I had run out of time and had to
    flag it.

    Not the first time that's happened recently.

    The service used to be excellent....but lately it has become quite slow. The
    change *seemed* to occur about the same time that TelstraClear stopped
    their domestic peering......Not sure if it is related.
    steve, May 18, 2005
  10. GraB

    Rob J Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on
    Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB <> says...
    > Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    > since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
    > popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
    >
    > Your interactive session cannot be continued.
    >
    > Possible Causes
    >
    > * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
    > * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
    > address.
    > * Your ID tag is invalid.
    >
    > Resolution
    >
    > * Restart this application from the beginning.
    >
    > Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

    I use Westpac online banking and had no trouble logging on in FF1.04
    Rob J, May 18, 2005
  11. GraB

    GraB Guest

    >> For now will stick with Opera for my banking.
    >Why? Firefox works just fine. Hell, i'm running it on FreeBSD AMD64, and
    >I've not had problems with ANZ or SuperBank. Don't blame the browser for
    >your choice of plugins.

    I used to use Opera all the time and liked certain things about it
    which Firefox gained with the tabbrowser extension. For general
    surfing I like Firefox now, but Opera will do just fine for any
    banking I need to do. Either I disable tabbrowser extensions and use
    it for banking or have the extras that the extension gives and use
    Opera for banking.
    GraB, May 18, 2005
  12. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:24:56 +1200, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 18 May 2005 02:25:26 +1200, GraB wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:54:31 +0100, Adam Cameron
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Not that it helps you (sorry), but that site works fine for me with FF
    >>>1.0.4. I have not had to tweak anything, indeed my install of FF is pretty
    >>>vanilla, which might be helping my situation...?

    >> Cracked it. I disabled Tabbrowser extensions and everything worked.
    >> Must look for update.

    >Now you are onto it, Firefox not joined at the hip to the extensions. An
    >update of FF may break a extension, the extension writer then has to catch
    >up.
    >
    >Look at it this way, you have a choice, do not update FF and increase the
    >risk of having something way beyond annoying done to your PC, or use MSIE
    >and have this happen.

    I never use IE, ever. I have Opera for the occasional site where
    Firefox doesn't do so well.
    GraB, May 18, 2005
  13. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 18 May 2005 18:27:50 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <> in nz.comp on
    >Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB <> says...
    >> Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    >> since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
    >> popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
    >>
    >> Your interactive session cannot be continued.
    >>
    >> Possible Causes
    >>
    >> * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
    >> * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
    >> address.
    >> * Your ID tag is invalid.
    >>
    >> Resolution
    >>
    >> * Restart this application from the beginning.
    >>
    >> Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

    >I use Westpac online banking and had no trouble logging on in FF1.04

    Do you have tabbrowser extensions if FF1.0.4?
    GraB, May 18, 2005
  14. GraB

    Rob J Guest

    In article <> in nz.comp on
    Wed, 18 May 2005 19:30:07 +1200, GraB <> says...
    > On Wed, 18 May 2005 18:27:50 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <> in nz.comp on
    > >Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB <> says...
    > >> Always had no trouble with my online banking with Firefox but lately,
    > >> since I upgraded to 1.0.4 I can't go beyond the login page. I allowed
    > >> popups for that page (I didn't used to have to) but all I get is:
    > >>
    > >> Your interactive session cannot be continued.
    > >>
    > >> Possible Causes
    > >>
    > >> * Your browser may not be fully compatible with web forms.
    > >> * You have attempted to continue your session from a different IP
    > >> address.
    > >> * Your ID tag is invalid.
    > >>
    > >> Resolution
    > >>
    > >> * Restart this application from the beginning.
    > >>
    > >> Fortunately it still works fine in Opera 8 eta.

    > >I use Westpac online banking and had no trouble logging on in FF1.04
    > >

    > Do you have tabbrowser extensions if FF1.0.4?

    Using Tabbrowser Preferences v1.2.5.

    Rumour has it Multizilla could become available for Firefox now that the
    Mozilla Suite is being dropped.
    Rob J, May 19, 2005
  15. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 11:58:03 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <> in nz.comp on
    >Wed, 18 May 2005 19:30:07 +1200, GraB <> says...
    >> On Wed, 18 May 2005 18:27:50 +1200, Rob J <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <> in nz.comp on
    >> >Wed, 18 May 2005 00:22:50 +1200, GraB <> says...

    >> >I use Westpac online banking and had no trouble logging on in FF1.04
    >> >

    >> Do you have tabbrowser extensions if FF1.0.4?

    >Using Tabbrowser Preferences v1.2.5.
    >
    >Rumour has it Multizilla could become available for Firefox now that the
    >Mozilla Suite is being dropped.

    I just installed Tab Mix and disabled tabbrowser extensions and now
    ANZ banking works.
    GraB, May 19, 2005
  16. GraB

    mp3geek Guest

    On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:48:08 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >>> Do you have tabbrowser extensions if FF1.0.4?

    >>Using Tabbrowser Preferences v1.2.5.
    >>
    >>Rumour has it Multizilla could become available for Firefox now that the
    >>Mozilla Suite is being dropped.

    >I just installed Tab Mix and disabled tabbrowser extensions and now
    >ANZ banking works.

    I found TBE very bloated for firefox, tabmix is definitely my
    preferred extension, lightweight enough without causing problems :S

    http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/
    mp3geek, May 24, 2005