    praise this browser enough!! Please make your reply easy to follow.
    Thanks.

    , May 2, 2005

  2. Guest

    Just an extra point. I either reboot my computer or log off/on to my
    ISP to rectify the problem. Thanks.

    , May 2, 2005

  3. uitte de volgende tekst op 2/05/2005 16:04:
    > Just an extra point. I either reboot my computer or log off/on to my
    > ISP to rectify the problem. Thanks.

    seems like this has something to do with your internet connection, not
    with FF

    BTW, do I think you really mean restart instead of reboot, which is a
    considerably more complex operation...

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, May 2, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > I am not of the computer generation so I will try to explain this
    > problem. I am accessing web pages without problem, then without notice,
    > I can't connect to any web site getting the following "can't locate
    > URL" or a lot of time outs. So I reboot my computer, everything works
    > fine again for awhile until the problem reoccurs. I am using Win98 SE
    > on a dial-up connection with a V90 K56flex PCI HSP modem.

    <snip>

    Are you certain that FireFox is the problem? When the problem occurs,
    do other internet applications continue to function? If it is in fact a
    FireFox issue, then email clients, newsreaders, instant messaging
    clients, etc. will still work, as will other browsers (IE, Opera,
    Netscape, etc.). If they don't, then it's your internet connection that
    is failing, and you should contact your ISP, after perhaps trying a
    different phone jack, phone cable, etc.

    Charles Hawkins, May 2, 2005
  5. Guest

    Thanks all for your help. I meant restart not reboot. You're right. It
    must be my internet connection. I'll check with my ISP Might even be my
    phone company. I am in a heavy usage area in Toronto. We have so many
    phone lines that we have 10 number regular phone numbers.

    , May 2, 2005