    there.

    Many thanks, and much appreciation to everyone's wisdom in this
    newsgroup.
    Curmudgeon, Jan 29, 2006

  2. Curmudgeon

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Curmudgeon wrote:
    > Hello, Everyone:
    >
    > I upgraded to Firefox 1.5.
    >
    > I cannot remove Firefox 1.0.2 via Control Panel. I get this message:
    >
    > "Uninstall log folder not found:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox\1.0.2 (en-us)
    > uninstall\Uninstall Log.
    >
    > This appears to be a Windows Registry problem, which I am loath to mess
    > with.
    >
    > If someone would point me in the right direction, I'll take it from
    > there.
    >
    > Many thanks, and much appreciation to everyone's wisdom in this
    > newsgroup.

    Re-install 1.0.2, reboot, use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to
    remove it.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Curmudgeon

    mike555 Guest

    === you should have uninstalled 102 first then installed 1.5 , but it's
    not hurting anything , just leave the entree there , next time you
    update firefox , uninstall the old version first ===
    mike555, Jan 29, 2006
  4. mike555 wrote:
    > === you should have uninstalled 102 first then installed 1.5 , but it's
    > not hurting anything , just leave the entree there , next time you
    > update firefox , uninstall the old version first ===

    The problem of ghost entries in Add/Remove was fixed some time ago.
    There should be no problem in installing over the top of a previous
    version now. The problem was the outdated nature of the OP's version.

    If you have Spybot S&D installed, there is a tool in its advanced mode
    that will allow you to get rid of the ghost entry without the
    inconvenience of having to reinstall 1.0.2 then uninstall.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 30, 2006