    with some important security fixes. An announcement and release notes
    are available." Presumably this fixes the window injection vulnerabilities.

    http://www.getfirefox.com/

    Z, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Z

    Jennifer Guest

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:36:50 -0800, Z <> wrote:

    >"Firefox 1.0.1 has been officially released by the Mozilla Foundation,
    >with some important security fixes. An announcement and release notes
    >are available." Presumably this fixes the window injection vulnerabilities.
    >
    >http://www.getfirefox.com/

    Makes you wonder though when they say it will be released through
    automatic updates in a few days.

    They want to get responses from the brave who take it now? :-((

    Jennifer, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Z

    ..brian.. Guest

    Jennifer wrote:
    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:36:50 -0800, Z <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Firefox 1.0.1 has been officially released by the Mozilla

    Foundation,
    > >with some important security fixes. An announcement and release

    notes
    > >are available." Presumably this fixes the window injection

    vulnerabilities.

    > >http://www.getfirefox.com/

    > Makes you wonder though when they say it will be released through
    > automatic updates in a few days.
    >
    > They want to get responses from the brave who take it now? :-((

    Because they will release an update (patch) which is what the automatic
    update feature will download in around 7-10 days -- not the large
    upgrade file -- saving heavy load on the servers.

    Sound good? I don't know if that is the official answer, but that's
    what I'm sticking with ;-)

    Plus I think they are still deciding (well probably already have by
    now) whether to make a change to the 1.0.1 file, or release a 1.0.2.
    --
    Brian

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6)
    Gecko/20050225 Firefox/1.0.2

    ..brian.., Feb 26, 2005