    configuration?

    TIA
    Tony
    Tony Martin, Mar 13, 2005

  2. Tony Martin

    Roland Guest

    On 13-3-2005 10:13, Tony Martin wrote:
    > Is it me or is it Firefox 1.0.1?
    >
    > Try going to this Motorola web site:
    >
    > http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/manual.html
    >
    > In the middle of the page are 3 dialog boxes. When you
    > select say "Two way radio" in the first, the second box
    > should fill with options. With my Firefox 1.0.1 it doesn't.
    >
    > The same site works ok on IE6 or Opera 7.4 Any ideas?
    > Workarounds for Firefox? Is it a bug? Is it my FF
    > configuration?
    >
    > TIA
    > Tony

    Neither you nor Firefox is to blame, but the website has a bug. Probably
    Motorola have not properly tested their page with Firefox.

    I see the same problem with Firefox 1.0.1 and also with Mozilla 1.7.5.
    However, when I use the User Agent Switcher extension in Firefox to
    switch the User Agent string to IE6 (so the site *thinks* that I'm
    visiting it with IE6), the input boxes do work. So the website is to
    blame for not functioning properly.

    For User Agent Switcher, see
    <http://www.chrispederick.com/work/firefox/useragentswitcher/>. After
    installing it, you should use menu View -> Toolbars -> Customize... to
    drag the UA Switcher Button to one of the toolbars (or menubar).
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___