    without? Must I update in order to be able to update some newer version down
    the road a way?

    Thanks/Bob in Houston

    BobW, Mar 13, 2005

  2. BobW wrote:
    > I've been using firefox for a few months now and quite like it. I have not
    > attempted to install 1.0.1. Reading about the problems here has kind of made
    > me a bit reluctant. I can use email and surf the web ok. When it comes to
    > most tech stuff, I really need help - although I might just give it a try
    > on my own - but before I set aside the time etc and maybe risk some down
    > time - I would like to know just how important the current up date really
    > is??? Must I update, for instance to get some really useful tools I am now
    > without? Must I update in order to be able to update some newer version down
    > the road a way?
    >
    > Thanks/Bob in Houston

    Its a security update, therefore recommended. See the Release notes for
    more information:

    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/

    The reasons to update are security related. You will not notice any
    distinct difference in how FF behaves.

    To install, first uninstall 1.0 using Control Panel>>Add/Remove
    Programs. Then install 1.0.1. I do not recommend using the software
    updater to install the new version.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 13, 2005

  3. Le 13/03/2005 01:26, Leonidas Jones a écrit :

    > To install, first uninstall 1.0 using Control Panel>>Add/Remove
    > Programs. Then install 1.0.1. I do not recommend using the software
    > updater to install the new version.
    >
    > Lee

    Hi Lee,
    Automatic update works fine :)

    --
    Utilisez le butineur, le courriéleur et le lecteur de nouvelles
    .... avec lequel vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ;)

    Michel Doucet, Mar 13, 2005
  4. BobW

    Tony Raven Guest

    Michel Doucet wrote:

    > Hi Lee,
    > Automatic update works fine :)

    It does but it leaves some crap behind in the registry/Add-Remove
    Programs that you need to clean out manually.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Mar 13, 2005