    installed the mozex 1.07 extension, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

    I'm using Firefox 0.8 with W2K. Thanks for any input.

    <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
    Danny Colyer, May 4, 2004

  2. Danny Colyer wrote:

    > Should the Firefox HTML source viewer allow me to edit source? If so,
    > how can I do this? If not, can I configure Firefox to use a different
    > viewer? I'm used to editing all my HTML source in Notepad and I like
    > being able to go straight to it from my default browser.
    >
    > I've managed to get Firefox doing just about everything I'm used to
    > being able to do with Opera 7, but this has got me stumped. I've
    > installed the mozex 1.07 extension, but this doesn't seem to do anything.
    >
    > I'm using Firefox 0.8 with W2K. Thanks for any input.

    No, the View Source in either Firefox or Mozilla is not an editor, its
    just a viewer.

    The Mozex extension should allow you to configure an outside ap for View
    Page Source, however.

    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/mozex

    I would also point out that there are much better text editors out
    there then Notepad. I use 1st Page 2000, a free tool, EditPad Lite is
    another, and TopStyle Lite is yet another. AceHTML, Arachnophilia, and
    others all give a lot more functionality then Notepad for editing HTML
    pages.

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Leonidas Jones, May 5, 2004

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > No, the View Source in either Firefox or Mozilla is not an editor, its
    > just a viewer.
    >
    > The Mozex extension should allow you to configure an outside ap for View
    > Page Source, however.
    >
    > http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/mozex

    Thanks. From there I followed a link to
    <url:http://mozex.mozdev.org/faq.html#viewsource> , which states that:
    " Mozex doesn't change the default viewer. The editor you configured may
    be launched from the "mozex" sub-menu of the main context menu, which
    appears when you right-click somewhere on the page."

    That was my first mistake, expecting it to change the default viewer.
    The same page also told me what command to put in the Source field of
    the mozex options:
    C:\WINNT\system32\notepad.exe %t

    I'd already tried it without the %t, but I wasn't going to get it right
    without help! Anyway, it's working now.

    <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
    Danny Colyer, May 5, 2004