    4) I can't find anywhere to set the bookmark path. Previous
    versions of NetScape that I am familiar with had a .ini
    file that made things easy.
    Ol' Duffer, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Ol' Duffer

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 2/18/04 5:44 AM, Ol' Duffer typed wildly with reckless
    abandon:
    > Just installed Firefox 0.8 for a test spin, and have some
    > quick comments and observations for the good of the order.
    >
    > 4) I can't find anywhere to set the bookmark path. Previous
    > versions of NetScape that I am familiar with had a .ini
    > file that made things easy.

    Is this what you're looking for?
    http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_bookmarks

    Aron

    --
    Love your enemies just in case your friends turn out to be a bunch of
    bastards.
    A Hess, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Ol' Duffer

    techie Guest

    On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:44:43 +0000, Ol' Duffer wrote:

    > Just installed Firefox 0.8 for a test spin, and have some
    > quick comments and observations for the good of the order.
    >
    > 1) I realize this is a work in progress. Keep up the good work!
    >
    > 2) Dial-on-demand works! Nice to have this back after several
    > problematic previous versions of NetScape. Remains to be
    > seen if it will continue to work for any length of time, and
    > I don't see any menu to set these options, so I am still a
    > little concerned.
    >
    > 3) Downloads|File Types needs work. There is no "add" button,
    > and many common file types are noticably missing from the list.
    >
    > 4) I can't find anywhere to set the bookmark path. Previous
    > versions of NetScape that I am familiar with had a .ini
    > file that made things easy.

    I'm mostly happy with it, but there doesn't seem to be any "save image"
    option. :(

    What I'd really like to see is the same kind of image-handling konqueror
    uses. If you disable images and a web page has images, then a "load
    images" icon appears on the toolbar. You can click that to load all
    images on a page, or you can rightclick on an empty image box and select
    "view image" to download just that one image.

    What all this means is that I can surf in snappy text mode, yet if
    something looks like it might be interesting I can easily view all
    images or just one particular one without having to navigate a
    preferences menu.

    The other thing I'd like to see is an option to automatically mail-bomb
    Macromedia every time I get another one of those annoying "do you want
    to install Flash" dialogs!
    techie, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Ol' Duffer

    Ol' Duffer Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > > Just installed Firefox 0.8 for a test spin, and have some
    > > quick comments and observations for the good of the order.
    > >
    > > 4) I can't find anywhere to set the bookmark path. Previous
    > > versions of NetScape that I am familiar with had a .ini
    > > file that made things easy.

    > Is this what you're looking for?
    > http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_bookmarks

    Looks like some clues in there, although most of the files
    and directories mentioned don't exist on my computer.
    It will take awhile to digest.
    Ol' Duffer, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Ol' Duffer

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 2/19/04 11:07 AM, Ol' Duffer typed wildly with reckless
    abandon:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >

    >>>Just installed Firefox 0.8 for a test spin, and have some
    >>>quick comments and observations for the good of the order.
    >>>
    >>>4) I can't find anywhere to set the bookmark path. Previous
    >>> versions of NetScape that I am familiar with had a .ini
    >>> file that made things easy.

    >>Is this what you're looking for?
    >>http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_bookmarks

    > Looks like some clues in there, although most of the files
    > and directories mentioned don't exist on my computer.
    > It will take awhile to digest.

    Those are example file paths. You can point it at any file you want.
    Check out http://texturizer.net/firefox/edit.html for finding your
    profiles, then modify the path to point at the bookmarks.html file that
    you want to use.

    It just takes a bit of practice, but it's worth it. Good luck, Aron

    --
    Mountain Dew and doughnuts... because breakfast is the most important
    meal of the day.
    A Hess, Feb 20, 2004
  6. On 2/19/2004 11:07 AM Pacific, Ol' Duffer wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >

    >>>Just installed Firefox 0.8 for a test spin, and have some
    >>>quick comments and observations for the good of the order.
    >>>
    >>>4) I can't find anywhere to set the bookmark path. Previous
    >>> versions of NetScape that I am familiar with had a .ini
    >>> file that made things easy.

    >>Is this what you're looking for?
    >>http://texturizer.net/firefox/tips.html#beh_bookmarks

    > Looks like some clues in there, although most of the files
    > and directories mentioned don't exist on my computer.
    > It will take awhile to digest.

    Be sure you have Windows Explorer set to show hidden files.

    --
    Irwin
    Irwin Greenwald, Feb 23, 2004