    it on DVD -- at least based on seeing only the pilot so far. The
    episodes are in the intended order, not broadcast order.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Stan Brown

    Galley Guest

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:54:07 -0400, Stan Brown <>
    spewed forth these words of wisdom:

    >I know this is old news to many of you, but I just have to say how
    >great the first episode of /Firefly/ looks when it's the first one
    >you see. My DVD set arrived last week, and I watched the first
    >episode yesterday, then watched it again with the commentary. The
    >story is a lot richer than I remembered, there's more humor than I
    >remembered, and plot details hang together better than I remembered.
    >
    >If you kinda-sorta liked /Firefly. on the air, you'll _really_ like
    >it on DVD -- at least based on seeing only the pilot so far. The
    >episodes are in the intended order, not broadcast order.

    It makes a real difference being able to see them in order as well. I'm gonna
    buy the Firefly set for my Brother-In-Law for his birthday.

    P.S. You do know they are making a movie, don't you?
    http://www.serenitymovie.com/

    Galley

    Galley, Jul 1, 2004

  3. Stan Brown

    Stuart Guest

    Galley wrote:
    > On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:54:07 -0400, Stan Brown <>
    > spewed forth these words of wisdom:
    >

    >>I know this is old news to many of you, but I just have to say how
    >>great the first episode of /Firefly/ looks when it's the first one
    >>you see. My DVD set arrived last week, and I watched the first
    >>episode yesterday, then watched it again with the commentary. The
    >>story is a lot richer than I remembered, there's more humor than I
    >>remembered, and plot details hang together better than I remembered.
    >>
    >>If you kinda-sorta liked /Firefly. on the air, you'll _really_ like
    >>it on DVD -- at least based on seeing only the pilot so far. The
    >>episodes are in the intended order, not broadcast order.

    > It makes a real difference being able to see them in order as well. I'm gonna
    > buy the Firefly set for my Brother-In-Law for his birthday.
    >
    > P.S. You do know they are making a movie, don't you?
    > http://www.serenitymovie.com/
    >
    > --
    > "I'm not a cool person in real life, but I play one on the Internet"
    > Galley

    Here in the UK they showed all of them in order including the unaired US
    ones and I really enjoyed it. I believe that it would still be on the
    air if (IIRC) Fox had not screwed Josh Whedon over.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Stan Brown

    Eric R. Guest

    Stan Brown <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > If you kinda-sorta liked /Firefly. on the air, you'll _really_ like
    > it on DVD

    Yeah, I really liked the series. It's a helluva lot better than
    standard Joss Whedon crap like "Buffy The Vampire Slayer." So even if
    you don't like Buffy or Angel, you may very well like Firefly. It's
    much more mature and creative than all that earlier garbage.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Jul 1, 2004
  5. Stan Brown

    SRT Guest

    > > If you kinda-sorta liked /Firefly. on the air, you'll _really_ like
    > > it on DVD

    > Yeah, I really liked the series. It's a helluva lot better than
    > standard Joss Whedon crap like "Buffy The Vampire Slayer." So even if
    > you don't like Buffy or Angel, you may very well like Firefly. It's
    > much more mature and creative than all that earlier garbage.
    >
    > -Eric

    Ditto. Don't let the garbage like Buffy, Angel, etc, prevent you from
    giving Firefly a chance. It was a very good short lived sci-fi series.

    srt

    SRT, Jul 3, 2004
  6. Stan Brown

    Biz Guest

    "SRT" <> wrote in message

    > Ditto. Don't let the garbage like Buffy, Angel, etc, prevent you from
    > giving Firefly a chance. It was a very good short lived sci-fi series.
    >
    > srt

    Unfortunately good=short-lived

    in recent years with all the crap that seems to be at teh top of the ratings
    anymore.

    Biz, Jul 3, 2004