Firefly in December...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jordan Lund, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Jordan Lund, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Jordan Lund

    Jeeters Guest

    "Jordan Lund" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > OK, so I'm probably the only person looking forward to this... I
    > actually liked the Fox show...

    Don't worry, you're not the only one. I'll admit to finding the first aired
    show sorta boring, but I stuck with it and ended up loving the show. I heard
    some time ago about the upcoming DVDs and am looking forward to them
    (especially since they'll have the three unaired episodes).

    > ...before it got screwed over by baseball...

    Fox botched the show over big time. The first aired episode was not
    Whedon's original pilot but was another two hour episode he intended to air
    later during sweeps. The original 2 hr pilot was aired as the last show and
    several of the other episodes were aired completely out of order.
    Jeeters, Sep 6, 2003

  3. "Jeeters" <> wrote in message
    > Fox botched the show over big time. The first aired episode was not
    > Whedon's original pilot but was another two hour episode he intended to

    air
    > later during sweeps. The original 2 hr pilot was aired as the last show

    and
    > several of the other episodes were aired completely out of order.

    The first aired episode wasn't a two hour episode. It wasn't ever intended
    to air during sweeps, either. The first aired episode, "The Train Job", was
    supposed to be the 2nd episode aired (if you're counting the 2 hour pilot as
    one episode).
    Brandon Fisher, Sep 6, 2003
  4. Jordan Lund

    Andrew Venor Guest

    Andrew Venor, Sep 6, 2003
  5. Jordan Lund

    Ped Xing Guest

    (Jordan Lund) wrote in

    Doh, guess I should read the link before posting. I thought you were just
    posting news about the DVDs.
    Ped Xing, Sep 6, 2003
  6. Jordan Lund

    jayembee Guest

    (Jordan Lund) wrote:

    > OK, so I'm probably the only person looking forward to this...

    Trust me. You aren't. There are a *hell* of a lot more people
    eagerly awaiting it than you realize.

    -- jayembee
    jayembee, Sep 6, 2003
  7. "jayembee" <> wrote in message
    > (Jordan Lund) wrote:
    >
    > > OK, so I'm probably the only person looking forward to this...

    > Trust me. You aren't. There are a *hell* of a lot more people
    > eagerly awaiting it than you realize.

    The concept was and is a great idea although some of the writing seemed to
    overuse sagebrush cliche's.

    Steve
    Steve Knoblock, Sep 6, 2003
  8. Jordan Lund

    AceoHearts Guest

    I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I have recently realized
    something about the show. It reminds me ALOT of the anime series Cowboy
    Bebop. A space western with comedy and some romance thrown in. Maybe it is
    just me.

    AceoHearts
    AceoHearts, Sep 7, 2003
  9. Jordan Lund

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <dau6b.40255$>, AceoHearts
    <> wrote:

    > I am not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I have recently realized
    > something about the show. It reminds me ALOT of the anime series Cowboy
    > Bebop. A space western with comedy and some romance thrown in. Maybe it is
    > just me.

    It's actually a little closer to Outlaw Star, another anime released in
    the US about the same time as Bebop. That was the series mentioned in
    the usual "they stole the plot from an anime!" threads.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Sep 7, 2003
  10. Jordan Lund

    Jordan Lund Guest

    Invid Fan <> wrote in message news:<060920032131438946%>...

    > It's actually a little closer to Outlaw Star, another anime released in
    > the US about the same time as Bebop. That was the series mentioned in
    > the usual "they stole the plot from an anime!" threads.

    The idea of cowboys in space is way older than anime, and there are a
    few really good novelized versions...

    I suggest the Matador books by Steve Perry (which are now back in
    print! YAY!) as well as Perry's two "Stellar Ranger" novels which may
    or may not be back in print.

    - Jordan
    Jordan Lund, Sep 8, 2003