    complaining : )

    Mandy
    , Apr 1, 2006

  2. Beth Guest

    wrote:
    > I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
    > the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
    > The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
    > sets.
    >
    > I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
    > limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
    > talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
    > Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
    > strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
    > Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
    > few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
    > online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
    > complaining : )
    >
    > Mandy

    I bought two sets when they first came out - one to keep and one to
    lend. The lend set came back last week and already I have a request to
    borrow it.

    Spreading the 'verse one household at a time.

    --
    Beth

    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it is too
    dark to read.
    Groucho Marx
    Beth, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Dick Sidbury Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
    > the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
    > The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
    > sets.
    >
    > I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
    > limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
    > talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
    > Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
    > strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
    > Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
    > few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
    > online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
    > complaining : )
    >
    > Mandy

    Sam's Club (at least my local one) has had it for 17.88 for about 3
    weeks or so.

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Apr 1, 2006
  4. Once Upon A Time wrote:

    >I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
    >the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
    > The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
    >sets.

    ROFL! You never should have bought that DVD Player model that erases
    the discs as you watch them. Your original set would have lasted much
    longer.

    **
    Captain Infinity
    Captain Infinity, Apr 1, 2006
  5. Once Upon A Time Dick Sidbury wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
    >> the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
    >> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
    >> sets.
    >>
    >> I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
    >> limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
    >> talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
    >> Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
    >> strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
    >> Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
    >> few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
    >> online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
    >> complaining : )
    >>
    >> Mandy

    >Sam's Club (at least my local one) has had it for 17.88 for about 3
    >weeks or so.

    Hey, I saved myself an enormous amount of money by not buying the piece
    of crap when it originally came out, and I save even more cash by not
    buying it each time it's re-priced. I WIN!

    **
    Captain Infinity
    Captain Infinity, Apr 1, 2006
  6. On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:19:05 GMT, Beth <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I stopped by my local Costco today to get my weekly goodies ahead of
    >> the weekend crowds and, guess what I found for sale on the DVD section?
    >> The "Firefly" box sets, at $19.95 a pop! I grabbed myself three
    >> sets.
    >>
    >> I don't know if this is a Costco-wide sale across the country or just
    >> limited to some states. I live in Gaithersburg, Maryland, but I just
    >> talked to my sister who lives across the Potomac in Fairfax County,
    >> Virginia and her local Costco has the same sale going on as well. The
    >> strange thing is I'd never seen the "Firefly" set sold at any
    >> Costco before today (although I did find the "Serenity" DVD there a
    >> few months ago both in FS and WS versions) and they do not offer it
    >> online either. Has this ever happened before? Not that I'm
    >> complaining : )
    >>
    >> Mandy
    >>

    >I bought two sets when they first came out - one to keep and one to
    >lend. The lend set came back last week and already I have a request to
    >borrow it.
    >
    >Spreading the 'verse one household at a time.

    Sam's Club is selling them for $17.88
    mike allegretto, Apr 2, 2006