Firedogs V's IE who wins see here.

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by The One, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. The One

    The One Guest

    1.1 Mbps broadband connection Firefox v IE test.

    Results

    Google search for Webopedia:

    Firefox 0.22 seconds.

    IE 0.07 seconds.

    Google search for Hypertension:

    Firefox 0.11 seconds

    IE 0.06 seconds

    Firefox browser opening time 4.9 seconds to yahoo.co.uk fully open.

    IE browser opening time 2.4 seconds to yahoo.co.uk fully open.

    Firefox yahoo.co.uk homepage to gamespot.com 23.5 seconds.

    IE yahoo.co.uk homepage to gamespot.com 9.9 seconds.

    Rest my case.

    Cue billy bullshitters.........................................

    The One, Apr 17, 2005

  2. The One

    shadowking Guest

    I don't agree at all with those results. I have noticed that Firefox is
    slower at opening up than IE. After that its much quicker than IE. Surfing
    from page to page is considerably faster.

    shadowking, Apr 17, 2005

  3. I've never actually finished that test; IE crahes before it loads every
    time! Moz is fine, especially for a dial-up man.
    Poly-p man

    Poly-poly man, Apr 18, 2005
  4. The One

    D Cheung Guest

    I use this site http://www.numion.com/stopwatch/ to test the speed
    of Firefox vs IE.

    After I tweak the Firefox network setting, for sure it loads faster
    than IE.

    D Cheung, Apr 18, 2005
  5. The One

    Big Will Guest

    The One wrote:
    > 1.1 Mbps broadband connection Firefox v IE test.
    >
    > Results
    >
    > Google search for Webopedia:
    >
    > Firefox 0.22 seconds.
    >
    > IE 0.07 seconds.
    >

    > Google search for Hypertension:
    >
    > Firefox 0.11 seconds
    >
    > IE 0.06 seconds
    >

    > Firefox browser opening time 4.9 seconds to yahoo.co.uk fully open.
    >
    > IE browser opening time 2.4 seconds to yahoo.co.uk fully open.
    >

    > Firefox yahoo.co.uk homepage to gamespot.com 23.5 seconds.
    >
    > IE yahoo.co.uk homepage to gamespot.com 9.9 seconds.
    >
    > Rest my case.
    >
    > Cue billy bullshitters.........................................

    Of corse, if speed is the only issue, than Operea owns both FF and IE.
    Plus, it (like FF) has tabbed browsing. Of course, we all know that
    speed isn't the only issue.

    Regards,

    Will
    Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
    customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
    web gateway!
    -- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----

    Big Will, Apr 18, 2005
  6. The One

    The One Guest

    "shadowking" <> wrote in message
    > I don't agree at all with those results. I have noticed that Firefox is
    > slower at opening up than IE. After that its much quicker than IE.

    Surfing
    > from page to page is considerably faster.

    Maybe google has a flaw in their timers!

    The One, Apr 18, 2005
  7. The One

    The One Guest

    "Poly-poly man" <> wrote in message
    > I've never actually finished that test; IE crahes before it loads every
    > time! Moz is fine, especially for a dial-up man.
    > Poly-p man

    I finished it before Firefox loaded up!

    The One, Apr 18, 2005
  8. The One

    The One Guest

    > I don't agree at all with those results. I have noticed that Firefox is
    > slower at opening up than IE. After that its much quicker than IE.

    Surfing
    > from page to page is considerably faster.

    Did you demand your money back from the Grand National because you didn't
    agree with the winner?

    The One, Apr 19, 2005
  9. The One

    SteveG Guest

    My question is: so what? So IE loads Webponia (whatever that is) 150ms
    quicker than FF; what you gonna do with those precious moments - blink
    and you've missed it ... literally ;-)

    Regards

    Steve G

    SteveG, Apr 19, 2005
  10. On 4/19/2005 5:24 PM, SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder dot> said:
    > My question is: so what? So IE loads Webponia (whatever that is) 150ms
    > quicker than FF; what you gonna do with those precious moments - blink
    > and you've missed it ... literally ;-)

    Well, The Little One seems to need every available instant for
    trolling/smartarsery, judging by later posts. :)

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Apr 19, 2005
  11. The One

    The One Guest

    "SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder" <"dot> wrote in message
    > My question is: so what? So IE loads Webponia (whatever that is) 150ms
    > quicker than FF; what you gonna do with those precious moments - blink
    > and you've missed it ... literally ;-)

    Firefox yahoo.co.uk homepage to gamespot.com 23.5 seconds.

    > IE yahoo.co.uk homepage to gamespot.com 9.9 seconds.

    Dont blink you might miss making a cup of tea!

    The One, Apr 20, 2005
  12. The One

    The One Guest

    "David Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > On 4/19/2005 5:24 PM, SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder dot> said:
    > > My question is: so what? So IE loads Webponia (whatever that is) 150ms
    > > quicker than FF; what you gonna do with those precious moments - blink
    > > and you've missed it ... literally ;-)

    > Well, The Little One seems to need every available instant for
    > trolling/smartarsery, judging by later posts. :)
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    Firefox is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    The One, Apr 20, 2005
  13. The One

    Moz Champion Guest

    The One wrote:
    > "David Harrison" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On 4/19/2005 5:24 PM, SteveG <"s.goodfellow"@blueyonder dot> said:
    >>
    >>>My question is: so what? So IE loads Webponia (whatever that is) 150ms
    >>>quicker than FF; what you gonna do with those precious moments - blink
    >>>and you've missed it ... literally ;-)

    >>Well, The Little One seems to need every available instant for
    >>trolling/smartarsery, judging by later posts. :)
    >>
    >>cheers,
    >>
    >>David H

    > Firefox is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    Nonesense.

    Firefox is just as fast as IE on my machine, faster in fact!

    Moz Champion, Apr 20, 2005
  14. The One

    Barney Guest

    "The One" <> had
    writtennews:42668963$:

    > Firefox is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    on my dialup so is MIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

    --
    Wisdom from the sleeping dogs!

    Barney, Apr 24, 2005