    win 2000, SP3
    TIA
    Beat
    Beat von Arx, Oct 15, 2003

  2. On 10/15/2003 1:35 PM, Beat von Arx wrote:

    >I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
    >(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
    >win 2000, SP3
    >TIA
    >Beat

    You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
    that directory.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald
    Mozilla Champion
    Irwin Greenwald, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Beat von Arx

    Beat von Arx Guest

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 10/15/2003 1:35 PM, Beat von Arx wrote:
    >

    >>I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
    >>(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
    >>win 2000, SP3
    >>TIA
    >>Beat
    >>

    > You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
    > that directory.

    Sorry if I didn't make my self clear enough: this is exactly what I did.
    Beat
    Beat von Arx, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Beat von Arx

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Beat von Arx wrote:

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >>On 10/15/2003 1:35 PM, Beat von Arx wrote:
    >>

    >>>I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
    >>>(with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
    >>>win 2000, SP3
    >>>TIA
    >>>Beat
    >>>

    >>You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
    >>that directory.
    >>

    > Sorry if I didn't make my self clear enough: this is exactly what I did.
    > Beat

    I can't think of anything but to ask the obvious: are you sure you
    downloded the right build for your OS?

    --
    Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Beat von Arx

    Quivis Guest

    In article <bmkb3c$5s0$>,
    says...

    -> I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
    -> (with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
    -> win 2000, SP3

    Did you also allow WinZip (or whatever you use) to create all the
    folders as it expanded the files? In e.g. WinZip if you just drag the
    files onto a folder, the paths inside the archive file aren't created.

    Q.
    Quivis, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Beat von Arx

    Beat von Arx Guest

    Quivis wrote:
    > In article <bmkb3c$5s0$>,
    > says...
    >
    > -> I downloaded fireird 0.6.1 zip. expanded it and hit the firebird.exe
    > -> (with the red fire icon). NOTHING happened. what went wrong?
    > -> win 2000, SP3
    >
    > Did you also allow WinZip (or whatever you use) to create all the
    > folders as it expanded the files? In e.g. WinZip if you just drag the
    > files onto a folder, the paths inside the archive file aren't created.
    >

    > Q.

    thank you - that was the problem, I had the use directory switch not
    enabled in WinZip!
    Beat
    Beat von Arx, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Beat von Arx

    Beat von Arx Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Beat von Arx wrote:
    >

    >>Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>>You need to unzip it into a directory and then double click the icon in
    >>>that directory.
    >>>

    >>Sorry if I didn't make my self clear enough: this is exactly what I did.
    >>Beat
    >>

    > I can't think of anything but to ask the obvious: are you sure you
    > downloded the right build for your OS?

    yes, that was ok, but as Quivis sggested, I didnt create the dirs on
    unzipping: now it works. Thanks for all your help
    Beat
    Beat von Arx, Oct 16, 2003