Firebird File Associations...

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Slim Win, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Slim Win

    Slim Win Guest

    Hi...

    Have Firebird 0.6.1 and love the interface and speed... but l am having
    serious problems in so much as it seems impossible to stop it stealing all
    the image file extensions for itself meaning all my clipart and photos now
    have to be manually opened in Paint Shop because a single click will trip
    them in Firebird...

    Netscape had this problem once, but as long as you installed your photo
    editor program after Netscape then you were OK... is the same true of
    Firebird???

    Please, l would appreciate answers/suggestions from those who've had direct
    concerns with the exact same issue and not speculation-from-trolls which is
    most unhelpful in general... my setup is 98SE [with zero IE presence :)
    which is nice]

    Best rgds,

    Frank
    Slim Win, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Slim Win

    Night_Seer Guest

    "Slim Win" <win.fast@@virgin.net> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    >
    > Have Firebird 0.6.1 and love the interface and speed... but l am having
    > serious problems in so much as it seems impossible to stop it stealing all
    > the image file extensions for itself meaning all my clipart and photos now
    > have to be manually opened in Paint Shop because a single click will trip
    > them in Firebird...
    >
    > Netscape had this problem once, but as long as you installed your photo
    > editor program after Netscape then you were OK... is the same true of
    > Firebird???
    >
    > Please, l would appreciate answers/suggestions from those who've had

    direct
    > concerns with the exact same issue and not speculation-from-trolls which

    is
    > most unhelpful in general... my setup is 98SE [with zero IE presence :)
    > which is nice]
    >
    > Best rgds,
    >
    > Frank

    Its easy enough to change this in file properties for windows (though
    you can do the install in the right order and that will work too).
    Highlight one of your picture files, then right click while holding down the
    shift key. A new option called "open with..." should be available. Click
    on this, and then select Paint Shop, or if it isn't in the list, click on
    other and browse to the Paint Shop .exe file. Make sure before you select
    ok in the first window, that you check off "always use this program to open
    this type of file". Now do this for all the file types you want open with
    Paint Shop.
    The other way to do this is a little longer and more complicated. Open
    a window (any folder will do), click on the view folder, then folder
    options. Under the filetypes tab, look for the file extension you need to
    change (.jpg, .bmp. .tif, etc.) and click on edit. It should show an opens
    with mozilla. Click on edit, and highlight the open command at the bottom,
    and then click edit for that. Now browse to your paint shop program and
    double click on it. click through ok (you can change the extensions icon if
    you like). That's it.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Sep 17, 2003