Fire Walls

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Richard G Carruthers, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. Can someone give me some idea what firewalls work with x64 besides XP's .

    Richard
    Richard G Carruthers, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Richard G Carruthers

    NNBXX Guest

    Just read of few threads above.

    NNBXX, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Tiny Software have released a public beta of a 64-bit version their
    free Personal Firewall:

    http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tiny2?s=5375286922906778942A1&&pg=content05&an=tf64_download

    and the Windows Firewall included in x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
    Steve Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  5. LOL
    Welcome to public newsgroups!!

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
    "Steve Thompson" <> wrote in message
    Larry Samuels, Jul 5, 2005
  6. Thanks everyone I must have been half asleep when I looked for that. Thanks
    again

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Jul 5, 2005
  7. Richard G Carruthers

    Michael Zerr Guest

    XP's firewall is good, haveing another software firewall will not
    provide you with any extra protection and will just wast resources.

    If you think you need more protection buy a cheap router with NAT.

    Michael Zerr, Jul 5, 2005
  8. No, these can't be the public newsgroups, he actually came back and admitted
    he had now found it. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2005
  9. Yeah, we understand, the search functionality is not so hot.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  10. ?He's a maniac, maniac in tha newsgroups.? :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
    Steve Thompson, Jul 5, 2005
  12. Thursday morning. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 5, 2005
  13. I'm placing my bets on Wednesday. :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  14. pessimist

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 6, 2005