    browser and lets me click on what I want to read. If you really want to spend a
    bunch of extra money on your web page, develop a decent search engine for the
    doco instead. Bunch of clueless idiots!

    Mike Dorn, Oct 2, 2007

  2. Mike Dorn

    Sam Wilson Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Dorn <> wrote:

    > OK, today's "new and improved" Cisco website is about the worst piece of
    > excrement I've seen yet. When I'm in a hurry to find the details of a
    > particular command in a particular IOS release, the last thing I want is some
    > cutsie Java front end that takes extra time to load, plays with my screen,
    > pops
    > up another window and then requires me to precisely "hover" over the items
    > I'm
    > looking for. Just give me a simple HTML page that loads instantly, runs on
    > any
    > browser and lets me click on what I want to read. If you really want to
    > spend a
    > bunch of extra money on your web page, develop a decent search engine for the
    > doco instead. Bunch of clueless idiots!

    Odd, to me it looks just the same as it has done for months (an
    improvement over the previous design) and whilst it has an animated ad
    on the front page that can be skipped and everything else generally just
    works. That's not to say the content arrangement is particularly
    wonderful, but it doesn't have the problems you seem to have found.

    Sam

    Sam Wilson, Oct 2, 2007

  3. I agree with you, Mike! Their site is slow and finding information is
    difficult. Yesterday I had to update my CCO profile, and the update page
    was full of broken images. Yet another thing about Cisco that shows a
    decline in quality, especially where software is concerned.

    Between their ridiculous outage some time ago (I mean c'mon, who runs a
    worldwide company with ONE datacenter that maps to ONE ip address!
    Geesh, and these people tout the gospel of fault tolerance and
    datacenter design!) and their crappy site, I agree - fire the web
    department!

    fugettaboutit, Oct 2, 2007