    should have.

    Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    that is simply not true.
    Mosley Jones III, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Mosley Jones III

    Tony Raven Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote on 16/12/2006 12:02 +0100:
    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    >
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.
    >
    > I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background and
    > caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than it
    > should have.
    >
    > Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    > that is simply not true.

    Are you hosting the Microsoft Fan Club websites? ;-)

    --
    Tony

    "...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
    wildly inaccurate..."
    Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Tony Raven, Dec 16, 2006

  3. Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    >
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.
    >
    > I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background and
    > caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than it
    > should have.
    >
    > Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    > that is simply not true.

    Here are the stats from a full year on one of our sites, almost 4
    million uniques.

    MS Internet Explorer 164526821 82.8 %
    Firefox 21796558 10.9 %
    Safari 4082055 2 %

    Now, this set is just from Dec.. So FF is picking up steam.

    MS Internet Explorer 10243745 80 %
    Firefox 1733284 13.5 %
    Safari 316948 2.4 %

    Also note, all those cute Mac commercials are paying off. Just look at
    that .4%! ;)

    Hahaha.. Had to.. Yeah, there's FF for Mac too.. At any rate, just the
    stats.

    General audience, 75% woman keyed site.
    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 16, 2006
  4. On 2006-12-16, Mosley Jones III <> wrote:

    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    >
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    There seem to be some sites that have a higher proportion of Firefox
    users than others. Perhaps your site is Firefox-unfriendly (i.e. non
    standards-compliant code or features) that discourage Firefox users from
    visiting or even require Firefox users to change the Firefox User-Agent
    string to report Internet Explorer as is often necessary when visiting
    sites with Microsoft-centric design.

    > I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background and
    > caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than it
    > should have.

    But wouldn't storing them in the cache led to fewer hits since Firefox
    would be loading them locally instead of fetching them off the Internet?

    > Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    > that is simply not true.

    Why is this a concern for you?

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 16, 2006
  5. Mosley Jones III

    Olgierd Guest

    *Mosley Jones III* wrote:

    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    Rubbish or your sites visited by some dumb teens.

    --
    pozdrawiam serdecznie, Olgierd
    JID:eek: || http://olgierd.bblog.pl
    Olgierd, Dec 16, 2006
  6. "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    > On 2006-12-16, Mosley Jones III <> wrote:
    >
    >> We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    >> visits.
    >>
    >> Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    > There seem to be some sites that have a higher proportion of Firefox
    > users than others. Perhaps your site is Firefox-unfriendly (i.e. non
    > standards-compliant code or features) that discourage Firefox users from
    > visiting or even require Firefox users to change the Firefox User-Agent
    > string to report Internet Explorer as is often necessary when visiting
    > sites with Microsoft-centric design.

    no, they handle fire fox ok, and the sites are purely business and have no
    reason to pull one user over the other

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 17, 2006

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 17, 2006
  8. "Scott Hildenbrand" <"scott[dunspamme]"@fuzzywolf.com> wrote in message
    > Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >> We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    >> visits.
    >>
    >> Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.
    >>
    >> I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background
    >> and caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than
    >> it should have.
    >>
    >> Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I
    >> know that is simply not true.

    > Here are the stats from a full year on one of our sites, almost 4 million
    > uniques.
    >
    > MS Internet Explorer 164526821 82.8 %
    > Firefox 21796558 10.9 %
    > Safari 4082055 2 %
    >
    > Now, this set is just from Dec.. So FF is picking up steam.
    >
    > MS Internet Explorer 10243745 80 %
    > Firefox 1733284 13.5 %
    > Safari 316948 2.4 %

    one of your sites?

    what does that site do?

    Maybe it attackts firefox users

    we have used all the sites and the sites are purely business and have no

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 17, 2006
  9. "Olgierd" <> wrote in message
    > *Mosley Jones III* wrote:
    >
    >> Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    > Rubbish or your sites visited by some dumb teens.

    No, the are simp,ly sites promotoing various businesses, they are sites are

    Mosley Jones III, Dec 17, 2006
  10. Mosley Jones III wrote:

    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    >
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    Post your stats, fuckknuckle.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
    Tattoo Vampire, Dec 17, 2006
  11. Mosley Jones III wrote:

    > we have used all the sites and the sites are purely business and have no
    > reason to pull one user over the other

    You're full of shit, Moses.

    Tattoo Vampire, Dec 17, 2006
  12. Mosley Jones III

    elaich Guest

    "Mosley Jones III" <> wrote in news:4583e073$0
    $21874$:

    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    So, who cares? I use Firefox because i like it. I don't give a rat's ass
    how much share it has.
    elaich, Dec 17, 2006
  13. Mosley Jones III

    Wally Guest

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:02:58 +0900, "Mosley Jones III"
    <> wrote:

    >We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    >visits.
    >
    >Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.
    >
    >I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background and
    >caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than it
    >should have.
    >
    >Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    >that is simply not true.

    Not sure what assumptions are being made here or why the fracas over
    who's site does what. The reason for the dramatic difference in the
    use of the two is obvious, FireFox is not an intregral part of
    Windows. Should new computers come setup ready to run Firefox as they
    do IE, the story would be different.

    Walt.
    Wally, Dec 17, 2006
  14. Wally wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:02:58 +0900, "Mosley Jones III"
    > <> wrote:

    <S>

    >> Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    >> that is simply not true.

    > Not sure what assumptions are being made here or why the fracas over
    > who's site does what. The reason for the dramatic difference in the
    > use of the two is obvious, FireFox is not an intregral part of
    > Windows. Should new computers come setup ready to run Firefox as they
    > do IE, the story would be different.
    >
    > Walt.

    Quite true. In fact, Netscape has hosted several lawsuits over that very
    fact against MS. Claimed they had a monopoly, which is true IMO.
    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 17, 2006
  15. Mosley Jones III

    Paul Mathews Guest

    It can have my 0.3763662562537346267 %. I wont use anything else :)

    Thanks.
    Paul Mathews, Dec 17, 2006
  16. Mosley Jones III

    Andy J. Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    >
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.
    >
    > I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background and
    > caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than it
    > should have.
    >
    > Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    > that is simply not true.

    Could we have a few of those web-site addresses please. We can then
    see for ourselves how Firefox-friendly they are?

    Andy J.
    --
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
    Andy J., Dec 17, 2006
  17. Mosley Jones III

    Alan M Guest

    "Mosley Jones III" <> wrote in message
    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    >
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.
    >
    > I also read that Firefox reloads pages that you visit in the background
    > and caches them for future visits leading to a higher number of hits than
    > it should have.
    >
    > Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I
    > know that is simply not true.

    We also have collected stats on our web sites and currently firefox has only
    3.97% and Safari has 0.14% Opera 0.05% the rest is Internet Explorer
    Alan M, Dec 18, 2006
  18. Mosley Jones III

    Paul Mathews Guest

    He can't show magic made up Urls man. hes not the magic man :)

    Paul Mathews, Dec 18, 2006
  19. Mosley Jones III

    Bucky Guest

    Mosley Jones III wrote:
    > We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    > visits.
    > Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    That would be like me polling random people at a mall for presidential
    approval ratings and declaring that the Gallup (scientific) poll
    numbers were wrong because my numbers disagreed.

    Read the data sources here. Many different independent companies agree
    on roughly 10% firefox currently.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share

    > Yes I have read that Firefox has 30% market share here in Australia. I know
    > that is simply not true.

    I don't know about 30%, that seems high. Why don't you provide your
    source where you saw 30%.
    Bucky, Dec 18, 2006
  20. Mosley Jones III

    Alan M Guest

    "Bucky" <> wrote in message
    > Mosley Jones III wrote:
    >> We host many web sites and a few months ago we started keeping stats of
    >> visits.
    >> Our stats show that Firefox has less than 5% market share.

    > That would be like me polling random people at a mall for presidential
    > approval ratings and declaring that the Gallup (scientific) poll
    > numbers were wrong because my numbers disagreed.
    >
    > Read the data sources here. Many different independent companies agree
    > on roughly 10% firefox currently.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share

    these are just more samples, what your point?

    Alan M, Dec 18, 2006