    Website: http://alphacentauri.8k.com
    LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/~johncoxon
    Missing footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemowiki.pl?ISFN

    John Coxon, Aug 5, 2004

  2. John Coxon

    Grinder Guest

    John Coxon wrote:

    > Whenever I open Firefox, I get a window saying "Firefox is finishing
    > installing extensions. This could take a minute."
    >
    > I have left Firefox open all day before and even after that the window
    > is still appearing. I have come to the conclusion there is probably
    > something wrong. Can anyone help me out? It's getting quite annoying.

    I don't know what causing this, nor have I specifically seen that
    behavior before. From that position of ignorance, however, I would
    probably try uninstalling my extensions and seeing if that takes care of
    it. If so, you can easily reinstall those extensions.

    Grinder, Aug 5, 2004

  3. John Coxon

    John Coxon Guest

    In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, Grinder's voice said the
    following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    low as to make a man weep:

    > John Coxon wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I open Firefox, I get a window saying "Firefox is finishing
    >> installing extensions. This could take a minute."
    >>
    >> I have left Firefox open all day before and even after that the window
    >> is still appearing. I have come to the conclusion there is probably
    >> something wrong. Can anyone help me out? It's getting quite annoying.

    > I don't know what causing this, nor have I specifically seen that
    > behavior before. From that position of ignorance, however, I would
    > probably try uninstalling my extensions and seeing if that takes care of
    > it. If so, you can easily reinstall those extensions.

    Tried that, didn't work, then tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox
    which also didn't work. I just deleted the "extensions" folder under
    Application Data and that removed the problem.

    --
    John Coxon

    As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.

    E-mail:

    John Coxon, Aug 9, 2004