Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books)

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Mac, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Mac

    Mac Guest

    Hello,

    I have finished 3 courses 70-315,70-316 and 70-320. We studied those
    courses based on MSPress Self Paced Books.

    As I know those books are not enough for taking exams I have prepared a
    list of books and I am going to spend next 2-3 months on them.

    As my budget is very limited (My current salary is $400, yes, salaries
    are very low here in my country) I will appereciate if you can tell me
    your opinion about these books before I buy them.

    I just want to make sure I will succedd in exams in first try because I
    will need to take them in another country and I will need to minimize
    travel and exam costs.

    Again I appereciate your help and opinions.

    Best Regards,
    Mac

    Training Guides:

    MCAD/MCSD 70-316 Training Guide (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789728230&itm=7
    $39.99
    -
    MCAD 70-315 Training Guide (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789728222&itm=2
    $49.99
    -
    MCAD/MCSD training Guide (70-320) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&pwb=1&ean=9780789728241
    $49.99

    -----
    CRAM:

    MCAD Developing and Implementing Web Applications Visual C#.NET and
    Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 70-315) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789729016&itm=10
    $23.99
    -
    MCAD Developing and Implementing Windows-Based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual C#.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Exam Cram2
    (Exam Cram 70-316) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&pwb=1&ean=9780789729026
    $29.99
    -
    MCAD Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Visual C#
    ..NET and the .NET Framework Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 70-320) (Kalani)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0789728974&itm=3
    $29.99
    ---
    Exam:

    MCAD/MCSD Visual C# .Net Certification All-in-One Exam Guide: Exams
    70-315, 70-316, 70-320
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=388PG
    OYFYO&isbn=0072224436&itm=1
    $69.99

    Total: $293.93

    Mac, Dec 14, 2003

  2. The MCAD/MCSD books are very good, especially if you will take the time to
    finish the lab exercises. The four core books come as a package (big box),
    which will save you quite a bit of money over individual books:

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 17, 2003

  3. Forgot URL with post

    Forgot the URL:
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6716.asp

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Dec 17, 2003