    fingerprint. What does it do?
    --
    CF
    Clarissa, Feb 25, 2007

  2. Clarissa

    philo Guest

    "Clarissa" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I bought a laptop (Toshiba) with no
    > instructions with it. There is a "fingerprint
    > swipe" thing on it and it says to logon to enroll
    > fingerprint. What does it do?

    It's one of of those machines that can be setup to
    log-on only by using the owner's fingerprint...
    hopefully that feature was disabled when you bought it!

    philo, Feb 25, 2007

  3. On 2007-02-25, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Clarissa waxed eloquently:
    > I bought a laptop (Toshiba) with no
    > instructions with it. There is a "fingerprint
    > swipe" thing on it and it says to logon to enroll
    > fingerprint. What does it do?

    It sends your fingerprints to the FBI, MI5, Homeland Security,
    the KGB, etc. If you're on one of their "lists", you'll be prohibited
    from using the computer.

    Just kidding! As philo says, it's used for identification.
    Let's hope that it's disabled, or that the previous owner sent
    his finger along with it. :)

    Read up on "Biometrics".

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com
    The Old Sourdough, Feb 25, 2007
  4. Clarissa

    Clarissa Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-02-25, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Clarissa waxed eloquently:
    >> I bought a laptop (Toshiba) with no
    >> instructions with it. There is a "fingerprint
    >> swipe" thing on it and it says to logon to enroll
    >> fingerprint. What does it do?

    > It sends your fingerprints to the FBI, MI5, Homeland Security,
    > the KGB, etc. If you're on one of their "lists", you'll be prohibited
    > from using the computer.
    >
    > Just kidding! As philo says, it's used for identification.
    > Let's hope that it's disabled, or that the previous owner sent
    > his finger along with it. :)
    >
    > Read up on "Biometrics".
    >
    > --
    > The Old Sourdough
    > theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com
    > If at first you don't succeed, the Hell with it

    Thanks-It is disabled (New computer but last onewithout
    Vista) It was a demonstrater; and I won't put my fingers
    on it. It keeps reminding me to activate it. CF
    Clarissa, Feb 26, 2007
  5. Clarissa

    Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 07:41:53 -0600 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "Clarissa" <>, intended to write something

    Clarissa...I can smell your Toshiba.
    Frosty, Feb 26, 2007