    this thing ... if not ... I will get rid of it and stay away from Microsoft
    Hardware since most other companies are actually making drivers for the x64
    system even if the maker of the OS isnt.
    =?Utf-8?B?T3Jpb25zVG95?=, Jan 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T3Jpb25zVG95?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 10:51:02 -0800, OrionsToy
    <> wrote:

    Looks like you have to wait for Vista to appear.
    Bill Gates demonstrated it this week, and pointed
    out the fingerprint reading technology for added
    security.

    jud (just guessing, but it might come true)
    Jud Hendrix, Jan 8, 2006

  3. You mean in the demo with that awesome display? If so that was concept from
    future which should happen in the next 4 to 5 years, Windows Vista is going
    to released in the second half of 2006.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 8, 2006
  4. Thanks for the info.... I guess I will return this sensor and wait. I'm sure
    that by the time Microsoft gets off their butt and starts producing drivers
    that my other fingerprint sensor will already have a driver and I wont have
    to worry about Microsoft's poor support.

    =?Utf-8?B?T3Jpb25zVG95?=, Jan 8, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?T3Jpb25zVG95?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:25:58 -0800, "Andre Da Costa" <>
    wrote:

    >You mean in the demo with that awesome display?

    Yes, that's the one. That was nice eh? I liked the
    one with the table as well. Just found the thing with
    using a camera to scan in a business-card a bit
    low-tech. By that time it should have becoem common
    to exchange them via IR/Bluetooth (just like on
    a Palm nowadays).

    > If so that was concept from
    >future which should happen in the next 4 to 5 years,

    Oh, was it? I switched on just a bit too late I guess
    (on CNN), and thought he was talking about Vista.
    My bad.

    >Windows Vista is going
    >to released in the second half of 2006.

    Well, let's hope for the OP (and all the others who
    have been asking here for them already), Vista will
    include them.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jan 8, 2006
  6. Well, let's hope for the OP (and all the others who
    have been asking here for them already), Vista will
    include them.

    Definitely, a pretty interface isn't everything, Vista x64 stable but driver
    wise, its miserable. I do hope Microsoft and Industry partners focus on
    driver development strive to be parallel in support on x64 Vista as the x86
    counterpart.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 9, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?T3Jpb25zVG95?=

    Randy Guest

    MS didn't really release (OEM) XP Pro x64 as a consumer OS... it's really
    not even meant for typical business use (although Server 2003 x64 comes
    closer I guess). It's really kind of a measuring tool to see how to steer
    Vista for its eventual release as a *retail* product for the general public
    next year. At least that's my take on it. It's why they made it available in
    free, 4- and 6-month trial versions. As such, I think it's *very*
    worthwhile.

    Randy, Jan 9, 2006