    flashgun can I use with it?
    Any ideas?

    Thanks
    Jorge Lores, Dec 11, 2003

  2. On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:11:19 -0000, "Jorge Lores"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Group,
    >
    >I just got a brand new FinePix S7000 and I was wondering which external
    >flashgun can I use with it?
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks

    I have a Fuji S602 and have played with 2 flashes...quantaray QB350
    ($40 new, I paid $20 on
    ebay). Takes 2 AAs, will swivel for bounce effect. Basic flash, small
    and
    light are its best features. better than the built in unit. trigger
    voltage
    up around 200v.

    I also have a quantarray Qbs_z370 - tilts for bounce, swivels for
    bounce,
    has a diffuser lens, and has a zoom head for wide, normal and tele
    zoom,
    USes 4 AAs. Big compared to the 350, but MUCH more powerful. Trigger
    voltage
    is low. $60 new, got mine on ebay for $20 with syync cord, not that i
    can
    use that...

    The Vivitar 285H is a good choice, but at $60+ on ebay for a used one
    i held
    off - for now. I plan on getting a wein peanut so that i can use hte
    smaller
    flash as a fill flash.

    Both have automatic settings...and manual. basically, you set your
    shutter
    at 1/125 and then use the chart on the flash unit to set aperature. a
    bit of
    practice and you can take decent shots without effort. The histogram
    feature
    of your camera makes this easy too.

    THe bounce feature makes for beautiful indoor pics - i have somewhere
    some
    comparo shots i did - i have been playing around a bit.

    Also keep in mind trigger voltages, this is the volatage the bleeds
    back to the camera when th eflash goes off. Your camera can take up to
    400v, but lower is better! Many cameras (canons for one) want voltage
    uner 6v.

    see also
    http://www.chem.helsinki.fi/~toomas/photo/flash-faq.html
    http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html - list of trigger
    voltages
    for 100+ units
    http://multipart-mixed.com/photo/external_flash.html

    chris
    Chris P in PA, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Jorge Lores

    Bill Guest

    I don't know what specific brands/models would be compatible, but your
    user's manual will tell you what the flash requirements are. I have the S602
    and I use a Vivitar flash. One thing that I found helpful was to set one of
    the 2 custom white balances for my flash unit. I get very good results that
    way. I have a wide angle adapter for the camera, and my flash has a wide
    angle attachment. So far it has all worked very well for me.

    Bill

    Bill, Dec 11, 2003