Finepix S602 sudden death

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ts, Jun 19, 2004.

  1. ts

    ts Guest

    Hi All --
    My Fuji Finepix S602 just died yesterday...
    I was getting ready to take a few night shots. Set up a tripod, set
    the camera to manual exposure at 15 seconds, looked into the
    viewfinder, pressed the shutter button... the image turned into
    horizontal white and blue stripes. Pressed shutter again, nothing.
    Switched the camera off, nothing -- it remained on with the image
    still in the viewfinder (switch damage?). Removed the batteries,
    re-inserted and found the camera totally dead. No lights, no beeps, no
    reaction to button presses. Tried another set of fresh batteries,
    tried removing and re-formatting memory cards, no avail.
    One thing that happened about half hour earlier was that the lens was
    snared by the lens cap cord when opening. It did open fully, but I
    could hear the motor whine under increased load. I'm not sure if this
    could be related to the failure, but then I switched the camera off,
    re-loaded and formatted the CF card, and switched it on and off again
    before setting out for the shooting location.
    Did anybody have a similar experience? I'm assuming that the camera
    CPU (surely it has one?) is dead (or just needs resetting?), and I'm
    wondering if I should try to have it repaired, or if the repair is so
    costly that I'd better start looking for another camera. This one
    lasted less than two years, and it's obviously out of warranty. Doh.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.

    Regards,
    Tomasz

    ts, Jun 19, 2004

  2. ts

    PhAnTOmaS Guest

    hope never my s602z do something similar

    PhAnTOmaS, Jun 20, 2004