FinePix F20 what i DON'T like

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Finally she arrived into Melb.

    Will give it a good run over Easter.

    These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    [Impressed so far!]

    If i compare it to the old workhorse FinePix F420 -------------

    Image quality of the large screen is low, looks like it has *noise*

    You cannot look at the images when turning it on, WITHOUT the lens
    extending, it figures it out and retracts the lens after about 2mins.?

    Its slippery to hold onto, has no ridge/grip on the front

    Using it one-handed i keep hitting the anti-blur button with my thumb

    The av/battery plastic cover is rubbish

    The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    battery in it, is complex and cost cutting

    Internal memory of 10mb? is just a waste of time

    Needs more zoom, 3x is NOT enough [Pointing finger at ALL 3x zoom
    camera brands]

    Thats all for now folks

    Kinga 202

    , Apr 4, 2007

  2. ray Guest

    On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:15:40 -0700, wrote:

    > Finally she arrived into Melb.
    >
    > Will give it a good run over Easter.
    >
    > These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    > [Impressed so far!]
    >
    > If i compare it to the old workhorse FinePix F420 -------------
    >
    > Image quality of the large screen is low, looks like it has *noise*
    >
    > You cannot look at the images when turning it on, WITHOUT the lens
    > extending, it figures it out and retracts the lens after about 2mins.?
    >
    > Its slippery to hold onto, has no ridge/grip on the front
    >
    > Using it one-handed i keep hitting the anti-blur button with my thumb
    >
    > The av/battery plastic cover is rubbish
    >
    > The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    > battery in it, is complex and cost cutting
    >
    > Internal memory of 10mb? is just a waste of time
    >
    > Needs more zoom, 3x is NOT enough [Pointing finger at ALL 3x zoom
    > camera brands]
    >
    > Thats all for now folks
    >
    > Kinga 202

    No offense, but it makes me wonder why you bought it - didn't you look at
    one first?

    ray, Apr 4, 2007

  3. ASAAR Guest

    On 3 Apr 2007 17:15:40 -0700, re-wrote:

    > Thats all for now folks

    Didn't you just say that a few minutes ago? <g>

    ASAAR, Apr 4, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Apr 4, 10:54 am, ray <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:15:40 -0700, wrote:
    > > Finally she arrived into Melb.

    > > Will give it a good run over Easter.

    > > These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    > > [Impressed so far!]

    > > If i compare it to the old workhorse FinePix F420 -------------

    > > Image quality of the large screen is low, looks like it has *noise*

    > > You cannot look at the images when turning it on, WITHOUT the lens
    > > extending, it figures it out and retracts the lens after about 2mins.?

    > > Its slippery to hold onto, has no ridge/grip on the front

    > > Using it one-handed i keep hitting the anti-blur button with my thumb

    > > The av/battery plastic cover is rubbish

    > > The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    > > battery in it, is complex and cost cutting

    > > Internal memory of 10mb? is just a waste of time

    > > Needs more zoom, 3x is NOT enough [Pointing finger at ALL 3x zoom
    > > camera brands]

    > > Thats all for now folks

    > > Kinga 202

    > No offense, but it makes me wonder why you bought it - didn't you look at
    > one first?-

    Hi Ray

    I dont have a beef with the F20, just a few things "i" dont like.

    Besides the +$100 F30 has most those items licked

    No perfect camera exists, never will

    I just took a photo by stealth of a person who does not like photos
    taken, pulled it out from my hip-holster, had it on anti-blur with no-
    flash [indoors] and it focused and fired real rapid, back in its
    parking spot she does not even know...just wow really, all the hype is
    true, no flash and rapid focus, full marks!

    Kinga 202

    , Apr 4, 2007
  5. wrote:

    > I just took a photo by stealth of a person who does not like
    > photos taken, pulled it out from my hip-holster, had it on
    > anti-blur with no- flash [indoors] and it focused and fired real
    > rapid, back in its parking spot she does not even know...

    It's clearly a person you know, since you are aware that she does not
    like to be photographed. Why om Earth do you disrespect her wishes and
    do so anyway?

    As to one of your previous complaints, then the F10 displays images
    without extending the lens, by holding the green play-button down when
    the camera is turned on.

    I just checked the manual for the F20. On page 32 it describes the same
    procedure for viewing images as the one described above. You might want
    to read the manual to see if there are anything else you missed.
    --
    Toke Eskildsen - http://ekot.dk/

    Toke Eskildsen, Apr 4, 2007
  6. Guest

    On Apr 4, 1:04 pm, Toke Eskildsen <>

    > It's clearly a person you know, since you are aware that she does not
    > like to be photographed. Why om Earth do you disrespect her wishes and
    > do so anyway?

    Its a "game" we play, a little inter-office rival type situation, been
    like this for years

    Have emailed it to her and deleted it,[Typical female claims she is
    ugly...not!] after all its using all of my internal memory

    > As to one of your previous complaints, then the F10 displays images
    > without extending the lens, by holding the green play-button down when
    > the camera is turned on.
    > I just checked the manual for the F20. On page 32 it describes the same
    > procedure for viewing images as the one described above. You might want
    > to read the manual to see if there are anything else you missed.

    WOW, see best thing about this group, just discovered something,
    thanks for that, i *thought* it could have been done just didnt know
    how, have not read the manual fully just yet.[Yes i know it shows]

    Another thing, u cannot do is in-camera trimming if you have it set at
    the lowest capture setting 0.3.

    Cheers

    KINGA 202

    , Apr 4, 2007
  7. ray Guest

    On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:41:13 -0700, wrote:

    > On Apr 4, 10:54 am, ray <> wrote:
    >> On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:15:40 -0700, wrote:
    >> > Finally she arrived into Melb.

    >> > Will give it a good run over Easter.

    >> > These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    >> > [Impressed so far!]

    >> > If i compare it to the old workhorse FinePix F420 -------------

    >> > Image quality of the large screen is low, looks like it has *noise*

    >> > You cannot look at the images when turning it on, WITHOUT the lens
    >> > extending, it figures it out and retracts the lens after about 2mins.?

    >> > Its slippery to hold onto, has no ridge/grip on the front

    >> > Using it one-handed i keep hitting the anti-blur button with my thumb

    >> > The av/battery plastic cover is rubbish

    >> > The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    >> > battery in it, is complex and cost cutting

    >> > Internal memory of 10mb? is just a waste of time

    >> > Needs more zoom, 3x is NOT enough [Pointing finger at ALL 3x zoom
    >> > camera brands]

    >> > Thats all for now folks

    >> > Kinga 202

    >> No offense, but it makes me wonder why you bought it - didn't you look at
    >> one first?-

    > Hi Ray
    >
    > I dont have a beef with the F20, just a few things "i" dont like.
    >
    > Besides the +$100 F30 has most those items licked
    >
    > No perfect camera exists, never will
    >
    > I just took a photo by stealth of a person who does not like photos
    > taken, pulled it out from my hip-holster, had it on anti-blur with no-
    > flash [indoors] and it focused and fired real rapid, back in its
    > parking spot she does not even know...just wow really, all the hype is
    > true, no flash and rapid focus, full marks!
    >
    > Kinga 202

    I understand what you're saying, I think. I figured out a long time ago
    that there are things to like and things to not like. In the purchase
    evaluation process, I have to analyze how annoying certain things are: if
    it's something I'm going to curse about under my breath every time I use
    it, then it's not worth the aggravation - life is too short for that. To
    me, it seems like some of your complaints fit in that category.

    ray, Apr 4, 2007

  8. > On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:15:40 -0700, wrote:
    > > Finally she arrived into Melb.

    > > Will give it a good run over Easter.

    > > These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    > > [Impressed so far!]

    > > If i compare it to the old workhorse FinePix F420 -------------

    > > Image quality of the large screen is low, looks like it has *noise*

    > > You cannot look at the images when turning it on, WITHOUT the lens
    > > extending, it figures it out and retracts the lens after about 2mins.?

    > > Its slippery to hold onto, has no ridge/grip on the front

    > > Using it one-handed i keep hitting the anti-blur button with my thumb

    > > The av/battery plastic cover is rubbish

    > > The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    > > battery in it, is complex and cost cutting

    > > Internal memory of 10mb? is just a waste of time

    > > Needs more zoom, 3x is NOT enough [Pointing finger at ALL 3x zoom
    > > camera brands]

    > > Thats all for now folks

    > > Kinga 202

    > No offense, but it makes me wonder why you bought it - didn't you look at
    > one first?

    Uhm... I heard from you that F30 was a good camera... F40 should be a
    good one, too. Why did you go for F20 which has no "manual" features
    (shutter priority etc) ?

    carrera d'olbani, Apr 5, 2007