FinePix F20 what i DON'T like

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kinga202NOSPAM@hotmail.com, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Finally she arrived into Melb.

    Will give it a good run over Easter.

    These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    [Impressed so far!]

    If i compare it to the old workhorse FinePix F420 -------------

    Image quality of the large screen is low, looks like it has *noise*

    You cannot look at the images when turning it on, WITHOUT the lens
    extending, it figures it out and retracts the lens after about 2mins.?

    Its slippery to hold onto, has no ridge/grip on the front

    Using it one-handed i keep hitting the anti-blur button with my thumb

    The av/battery plastic cover is rubbish

    The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    battery in it, is complex and cost cutting

    Internal memory of 10mb? is just a waste of time

    Needs more zoom, 3x is NOT enough [Pointing finger at ALL 3x zoom
    camera brands]

    Thats all for now folks

    Kinga 202

    , Apr 4, 2007

  2. DHB Guest

    On 3 Apr 2007 17:00:06 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Finally she arrived into Melb.
    >
    >Will give it a good run over Easter.
    >
    >These are the things i DON'T like, a report will follow latter
    >[Impressed so far!]

    [SNIP]

    >The way the battery charge lead works ie has to be charged with
    >battery in it, is complex and cost cutting

    [SNIP]
    >Thats all for now folks
    >
    >Kinga 202

    Kinga 202,
    My F11 has the same basic problem with regard to only
    being able to charge the battery "in-camera" & with the external
    adapter & cables. I don't like tying up the camera to charge the
    battery nor do I like having to carry around so much extra stuff to do
    so & lastly while tethered to the AC wall outlet there is always a
    possibility that the camera could be damaged if somebody trips on the
    cord possibly sending the camera to the floor.

    All of this I was aware of *before* I purchased the camera &
    had the following in mind to deal with it. In short I purchased a
    spare generic battery (always a good idea with any proprietary
    battery) & a small AC/DC battery charger:

    http://www.sterlingtek.com/fuconptrch.html

    For ~$15.00 US, it's well worth the investment & they also
    have an inexpensive generic battery for it as well, which I rarely
    have to change because my F11 battery lasts a very long time. When 1
    finally gets low, I install the other to keep them both in rotational
    use.

    Hope this link or @ least idea helps. There are probably
    other vendors of the same but this is the company that I have
    purchased from for several other batteries & chargers & have no
    complaints. It was also somebody on this news group that 1st
    mentioned them & I am pleased to return the favor to somebody else who
    might find them useful.

    This is *not* information that you will find in the manual but
    I hope you & or others find it of value.

    Best of luck with your Fuji F20. Like my F11 or my mother's
    F10, they are not prefect. As you already correctly pointed out, no
    camera is prefect. Basically it's all about filling a photographic
    need/want & for what I use my F11 for, it more than meets those needs.

    Respectfully, DHB

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, Apr 4, 2007