    Otherwise back to the store tomorrow to either replace it or get that
    "you're an idiot" look from the saleman.

    TIA

    SteveQ, Jun 26, 2005

  2. SteveQ

    Stewy Guest

    In article <Vuwve.4863$>,
    "SteveQ" <> wrote:

    > My sons girlfriend bought herself a Fujifilm Finepix E510 a couple of weeks
    > ago for those happysnaps.
    >
    > It worked well for about 5 pictures then whenever she depressed the shutter
    > button the camera would shut down but not retract the lens.
    >
    > Depressing the on/off button shuts it down and retracts the lens.
    >
    > Tried changing the batteries etc but the problem still persists.
    >
    > Now I know that 50% of these problems are faults with the camera and 50% are
    > from ignorance. Any suggestions which category this falls in?
    >
    > Otherwise back to the store tomorrow to either replace it or get that
    > "you're an idiot" look from the saleman.

    Is she using a 16mb media? It could be the card being filled.

    She is using NiMH batteries, not Alkaline or NiCads?

    If no to the first and yes to the 2nd - Take It Back and tell Fuji about
    the problem.

    Stewy, Jun 27, 2005

  3. > My sons girlfriend bought herself a Fujifilm Finepix E510 a couple of
    > weeks ago for those happysnaps.
    >
    > It worked well for about 5 pictures then whenever she depressed the
    > shutter button the camera would shut down but not retract the lens.
    >
    > Depressing the on/off button shuts it down and retracts the lens.
    >
    > Tried changing the batteries etc but the problem still persists.
    >
    > Now I know that 50% of these problems are faults with the camera and 50%
    > are from ignorance. Any suggestions which category this falls in?
    >
    > Otherwise back to the store tomorrow to either replace it or get that
    > "you're an idiot" look from the saleman.

    I assume you used NiMH batteries and *not* Alkaline? The E510 eats batteries
    like a muscle car eats gas. I know, I have one, and it's one of its
    least-endearing featuers (overall it's not a camera I'm really happy with,
    but I really wanted the 28mm (equivalent) lens.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, Jul 3, 2005